The Bean Harvest......

NewHolland2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o What a post mart... how did I miss this... Superb collection of pics mate... many many thanks for posting them..

Now some observations...

:o - how difficult must it be to back up to that lorry with the high tip in the dark  :o

I REALLY want to know about those hydraulics as well... must have to be level to process the crop properly I guess... come on lads... someone must know more  :-\

I can't wait for the rest of the pics Mart... ESPECIALLY the High-tip dumping as well  :-*

Thanks once again mate - SUPERB post  ;)

:o What a post mart... how did I miss this... Superb collection of pics mate... many many thanks for posting them..

Now some observations...

:o - how difficult must it be to back up to that lorry with the high tip in the dark  :o

I REALLY want to know about those hydraulics as well... must have to be level to process the crop properly I guess... come on lads... someone must know more  :-\

I can't wait for the rest of the pics Mart... ESPECIALLY the High-tip dumping as well  :-*

Cheers Marky......I'll try to answer some of those questions...... :);) ;)

1) The tractor driver backs up to the lorry where the lorry driver then releases the tail-gate when ready and then he directs the tractor back and the rear worklights help vision......

2) You're right about the hydraulics when in the field, they are levelled to allow optimum processing the crop I think......Not sure why they travel with the back end down when on the road though......

Will get the other pics up asap...... :);) ;)

Now some observations...

I REALLY want to know about those hydraulics as well... must have to be level to process the crop properly I guess... come on lads... someone must know more  :-\

As far as I know Marcus, the drum needs to be at a particular angle for the process to work effectively, they level up in all directions, ie side to side as well as front to rear, maybe they are "locked in position" for moving on the road to give a constant ride height, if the suspension is lowered then so is the vehicle which means less chance of damage from trees, bridges etc..... Thats my thoughts but of course I know bugger all about them, I'm just guessing!! Ask "andy5050" he drives them!  :D :D :D :D :D

As far as I know Marcus, the drum needs to be at a particular angle for the process to work effectively, they level up in all directions, ie side to side as well as front to rear, maybe they are "locked in position" for moving on the road to give a constant ride height, if the suspension is lowered then so is the vehicle which means less chance of damage from trees, bridges etc..... Thats my thoughts but of course I know bugger all about them, I'm just guessing!! Ask "andy5050" he drives them!  :D :D :D :D :D

thanks for that jas but i didn't ask  :D  numpty for the top man here ben  :D :D :D :D

Thanks for that... I am sure you are right....

er.... Dave  ;):D :D :D :D