Spud Lifting

Gav836

We went into a field of maize yesterday and this these boys were working over the hedge from us so due to a brief stoppage we had i was able to take some pictures. The Case on the Standen Status harvester is a CVX1155 and the NH on the trailer is a TM125, also carting was an 8360. Pictures were taken near to RAF Marham, more annoying though was the fact that 3 fields away there were 3 Fendts working on Grimme harvesters with a fleet of JQ's carting away from them, may have to go out there this weekend for another look ;D

post-334-132638545113_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638545117_thumb.jpg

Nice pics Gav......Does anyone down your way use boxes to cart off the tatties?  :) :) ;)

We do have a big group here who use 1 ton bags and special trailers on spuds, there are a few people who use boxes as well but the usual way most do it is to cart them back to a grader in bulk then box them up for storage :);)

We do have a big group here who use 1 ton bags and special trailers on spuds, there are a few people who use boxes as well but the usual way most do it is to cart them back to a grader in bulk then box them up for storage :);)

Ah right......Cheers mate......Interesting to hear how it's done elsewhere......Seems that trailers are taking over a lot of operations down South these days, while we're still well and truly in the "Box Age"...... :) :) ;)

followed a trailer like that a couple of weeks back and couldnt for the life of me work out what it was for, had an incling that it had something to do with tatties as the tractor pulling it had the name of a big tattie grower in our neck of the woods emblazened across the front of it, at least i know now what its for :)

They throw them both ways i think on a convayor belt

Anyone got any RANSOMES two row elevator digger pictures

front back and side profiles if possable  ;)

Interesting idea,our one is an AGRA I think it?s called,and to be fair it can be a sod for throwing up dust at the trailer tractor.

followed a trailer like that a couple of weeks back and couldnt for the life of me work out what it was for, had an incling that it had something to do with tatties as the tractor pulling it had the name of a big tattie grower in our neck of the woods emblazened across the front of it, at least i know now what its for :)

by any chance was that Benzies? i was carting tatties for them last year and they had 3 of those trailers, stewart flat trailer with larrington hopper on top. only problem with them is that if the hopper is to full the excess tatties go everywhere :D

Yes it was a Benzies out fit, working over beside Elgin i think. Do they grow carrotts as well?

yes they do grow carrots as well.

They grow a lot of acres of tatties, not quite sure exactly how much but its at least 700 acres stretching from Aberdeen to Nairn. were they lifting with the self propelled harvester when you saw them?

didnt actually see them working, just overtook a couple of tractors with those hopper trailers on the way home beside orton, never seen their self propelled harvester, will have to look out for it as they run a lot of their equipment through the town i stay in and theres never a week goes by but you see some of their gear on the go