At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take the Camera this weekend then since it'll probably be the last time I'm up at the farm we keep them at since the cows will all be out...... :)

Two of them are working machines (including the 525 Super II) and the other is for spares however he's considering getting rid of the three of them and replacing them with a modern one......Nothing too fancy though as the cost couldn't be justified for our acreage...... :) :)

Not sure on the model numbers of the other two since I've had nothing to do with any of them apart from the Super II but will see what I can do this weekend...... ;)

Thanks Mart... can't wait.. I trained and repaired the 525 Super II series combines... Oooo I can't wait now... you done it now...

now

now

now

now

;D

Sounds like you're in for a treat then Marky...... :)

To be honest I've never really paid attention to the other two so will go for a root around at them if I'm up there on my own...... ;D ;D ;)

good man that boss of yours mate ;) you should learn a bit from a good farmer like him with that sort of machinary tatses

Indeed Sean......A very good chap...... :D:) :) ;)

I agree with Mr P... watch and learn young master luke SuperMart

Oh indeed Marky I do......Best way to learn in my book...... :D:) :) ;)

Still not managed those pictures...... :-[

Anyway to update you on the farm we're still cracking on with jobs......We've still a few cows left to calve but the majority are home and dry now and grazing happily on the hill......Silage will be starting in the next week or two......So now the exams are over (as of Tuesday coming) the boss says I'll probably be working after school too, whether it be baling, wrapping or loading I'm not sure......

Tidying up some of the old sheds and coming across some interesting stuff too......We took out an old dumper truck today and then ditched a load of scrap metal on the trailer to be taken away to the scrappies......Took off the crumbler bar on the back of the old Lely Roterra which is also going to its death......

The silage supply has finally run out with the last bale being loaded into the court tonight......

Plenty straw left though for the few cattle that are still inside...... :) :) ;)

Not had a chance this week I'm afraid Marky, been on with my bus photographs......Might manage tomorrow afternoon though...... :) :) :);)

Mixed emotions in that post for me Mart..  I went from  :'( :'( to  ;D ;D

:D :D :D

Thanks Mart... no pressure mate  ;)

You done em now  ???

now  ???

now  ???

Good read that was mart. :)

Cheers Ol...... :)

Been cleaning out the gutter of the main court shed today as it was beginning to get grass germinating in it......Then went and finished off a project of ours to install an easier method of loading the tractor powered cement mixer, using an old gantry and an old feed chute...... :) :) ;)

Iused to enjoy the clean up weeks on the farms as well Mart, finding interesting things and also the satisfaction of making the place look better. So when will we see some baling photo's then when you guys start the baled silage?

Iused to enjoy the clean up weeks on the farms as well Mart, finding interesting things and also the satisfaction of making the place look better. So when will we see some baling photo's then when you guys start the baled silage?

Always good fun to have a rake about the place eh Tris...... :)

Would be within the next week or two I'd say the boss will get the mower onto the 6475......So not be long and I'll get some shots of us baling and wrapping the silage......Going by what other lads have done on previous years, the boss will probably mow and bale and I might be on the wrapper......I should definitely be carting them back from the field to the farm anyway...... :) :) ;)

Busy weekend again......Cleaning out the farm still so spent yesterday carting old bits of machinery from the mian "home farm" up to where the other machinery and implements are kept......Bits and bobs included an old Massey link-box, combine header for one of the 500 series combines, old metal frame and other bits of metal......

Fixed up our big Marshall trailer today and put the tail-gate on after it being removed over winter for dung carting......The boss loaded it up with the Massey 50HX back-hoe while I moved along-side with the 6475 with the Marshall on the rear as we were scraping the earth etc out of the yard......

Hoping to start mowing this week weather depending so will make sure I have the digital camera and get some pictures of our set up and the new Greenland baler......

Should be working after school a bit hopefully too once the silage kicks off......

One picture from today is of the 6475 Dyna-6 dash panel...... :) :) :);)

post-32-132638605757_thumb.jpg