At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tractor is good but the only thing with any loader is the reach  :-[,our 955 has a quicke 560 loader and it just reaches the 3rd row when stacking  :-\ :)  i bet the dyna shift is very helpfull when loading  :-\ :)

Is your 955 a 2wd or 4wd drive Rich - ar eal powerhorse of a tractor they are  ;D

tractor is good but the only thing with any loader is the reach  :-[,our 955 has a quicke 560 loader and it just reaches the 3rd row when stacking  :-\ :)  i bet the dyna shift is very helpfull when loading  :-\ :)

You bet mate......Comes in real handy......I usually have it in second gear and just go between B and C and then to D when I'm on tarmac......

• 2 weeks later...

Well the harvest has now finished......The last field of oats was finished on Wednesday past and the boss finished baling it yesterday......We now have one last field of bales to cart home and then everything is cleared and we can think about the dung......

Here's the Massey and baler before finishing the last field......

post-32-132638652934_thumb.jpg

still all go then Mart. that bale lifter is a bit snazzy mate  :) :) we have heavy rain down here now.  :'( :'(

Never stops mate......Got to keep busy...... ;)

Aye the Bale Master is a good tool......I think rain's forecast up here over night so we wanted to get that cleared before then......

Hopefully clear the last field next weekend with the 3095...... :)

Never seen a bale handler like that Martin. how many can it carry

There are a couple around here Alan......Handy for working away at clearing a field on your own......Can carry four at a time......Doesn't reach high enough to put them on a trailer but is fine if you just want to line them up at the end of a field for later collection......Will get some better pictures tomorrow as it's parked up in the shed now...... :)

o right, it looks like a handy yoke all right and a bit different to what around here. would it handle 4 silage bales as well or would they be too heavy

With a bit of weight on the front it might well handle silage mate but the only problem is that it's spiking the bale rather than gripping it so it would poke through the wrapping......

We used to operate it with a single bale spike on the front linkage of the 6475 so we were carrying five at a time but doing it in even numbers makes the piling up easier......

Interesting as per the norm when viewing this Topic Mart. Nice read.  :)

Thanks Tris...... :)

Interesting bale lift that Mart - wouldn't like to put it on the 3600 - I guess 3 bales would be the max for silage as you would only break it otherwise ;)

I'm surprised how uncommon they are I thought more people would have seen them before...... :)

Silly question actually... the bottom spikes would be in the way I suppose  :-[

Spot on mate...... :)

They're a bit cumbersome to take on and off the tractor anyway as it's better to set them on blocks etc so in terms of loading bales on a trailer you'd be better off with a tractor and loader anyway......Great for getting the bales off the main bit of the field though...... :)