At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

1) The wrapper's control box with counter and levers

2) The counter itself......The number of the left is the number of times the wrap has been around the bale while the 16 is the programmed number which we have entered so it then beeps when 16 wraps have been made to let me know to drop the bale......

post-32-132638635257_thumb.jpg

post-32-132638635278_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new enough haybob too with the wider wheels ;)

Indeed mate she's a pretty new model......

those 3095's are good on wrappers arnt they  :) nice pics mart  :)

She just works away fine with the wrapper on mate......

Glad to see you back at work Mart

Hope you are enjoying it !

Cheers John......Most definitely mate......I'm in my element......

Well today we were hoping to bale and wrap the last 20 or so acres of silage but the rain put pay to that idea......We went to the other field to cart in the remainder of already wrapped bales......I was on the 3095 loading trailers in the field meanwhile the boss carted back with the 6475 where he unloaded with the Merlo......

First picture is when I was in the 6475 last night......I worked away last night until I got the first field clear, just using the 3095 with Massey 700 trailer......The 3095 is now sitting at over 12,000 hours and still going strong......

post-32-132638637033_thumb.jpg

Does your boss ever use the front linkage on the 3095 Mart ???

No we never use the front links on the 3095 mate......The 6475 is fully fitted with front linkage too so we just use that if we need to use a front mounted implement......The 3095 usually only gets used for Loader and Trailer work......Apart from when I use it on the haybob......The 6475 is the main PTO tractor......

No we never use the front links on the 3095 mate......The 6475 is fully fitted with front linkage too so we just use that if we need to use a front mounted implement......The 3095 usually only gets used for Loader and Trailer work......Apart from when I use it on the haybob......The 6475 is the main PTO tractor......

I have actually never seen you using any front mounted gear Mart ??? ???

I have actually never seen you using any front mounted gear Mart ??? ???

We don't really use it for much these days......The 6475 front linkage usually alternates between a storage box or a weight box for ploughing......We do have a front press for it which gets used for seed-bed preparations depending on soil conditions......Apart from that it isn't really used much......

I think I'll be as well to wait until we bring them out now mate......You've certainly had to be patient haven't you......They will be on their way out soon though......

Surprised you haven't being doing some pre harvest maintainace on them Mart  :(

Surprised you haven't being doing some pre harvest maintainace on them Mart  :(

As soon as silage is finished that will be the next thing I think mate......The boss is only planning on using them on one of the fields and getting another lad in with a bigger combine to do the two bigger fields of cereals because of the time the 525 and the 525 Super II take to get the crop in......

Sorry to recap Mart but is the wrapping your first proper field job you have been doing since you started with this chap? If it is I bet you were king of the hill mate, it's a brilliant feeling when you set off for your first few clock hours in the field doing what you have whatched others do for years. Well don mate, as I keep saying. ...  he is making good use of you and his trust seems to ever grow in you too. Whats more, you never moan about anything, have a bad word to say or a gripe about anything at all. A real positive chap in the dwindling numbers of people coming into the industry. Well done You.

Sorry to recap Mart but is the wrapping your first proper field job you have been doing since you started with this chap? If it is I bet you were king of the hill mate, it's a brilliant feeling when you set off for your first few clock hours in the field doing what you have whatched others do for years. Well don mate, as I keep saying. ...  he is making good use of you and his trust seems to ever grow in you too. Whats more, you never moan about anything, have a bad word to say or a gripe about anything at all. A real positive chap in the dwindling numbers of people coming into the industry. Well done You.

Thanks Tris........ :)

Wrapping is pretty much the first proper field job I've done since I started, yes........Ok, I've loaded the bales from in the field but it's not quite the same as working the implement........You're dead right though, I was in my element........

Was great to be able to look at the field after and say, well I wrapped and loaded all the bales from that........ :)

Then to get back to a hay turner, a job which I enjoyed at the other farm I worked on previously was a real treat........

Well said Tris,you and mart are a credit to the forum I think.