At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

Was tipping it down today so decided to take our previous baler to a sale, this one was going up until last year when we got the new Vicon so is now surplus to requirements........I took it to the sale ground with the 6480........Was the first time I've had the 6480 on the road since we got it and she can certainly move through the countryside at 54KPH........ :o :o

post-32-132638876269_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed Bas, was incredible........ ;) ;)

I'm sure 54K doesn't seem fast when in a car, but it felt like it was flying through the countryside, certainly makes a difference to journey time though........ :o :o

the trouble with all that speed mart is that you spend less time enjoying it  :(:D

Mart was speeding on the Fergy :D :D

How much did the baler make mate ???

Sale is tomorrow Colm, so will let you know when we find out........ :) :)

the trouble with all that speed mart is that you spend less time enjoying it  :(:D

I was actually thinking the same thing Marcus, was thinking if this had been the 6475 I would have been on the road much longer........ :D;)

Thanks to the great  ::) weather we've had the past week we've busied ourselves with machinery and implement maintenance........We used to use this old Fraser Trailer as a water bowser - it was once fitted with a large tank........The floor and body are in need of repair though so the other day we took the body off the chasis to make the work easier........

post-32-132638883188_thumb.jpg

post-32-132638883207_thumb.jpg

Is the new seat in yet the or have we to wait for they pics? Bet it will bring some much needed comfort to the old girl. The new one is bright to say the least ot was it just a duill day?!

New seat's in now Tris, just haven't got a pic yet, definitely more comfortable........ :)

The 6480's bright alright, was the first thing I commented on when she arrived........ :o

martin thi9nk your old girl could do with a bit of love and care.

I know Peter, we're just away to fit new left hand side hand rail and mirrors to her as well, so we're always making her a little younger........ ;) ;)

Thanks to the great  ::) weather we've had the past week we've busied ourselves with machinery and implement maintenance........We used to use this old Fraser Trailer as a water bowser - it was once fitted with a large tank........The floor and body are in need of repair though so the other day we took the body off the chasis to make the work easier........

repair ! would be easiers to save the sides & rebuild the floor by the looks of it mart  :D :D :D

& as for pics of the new tractor , bla , bla ,bla,  mate we want updates of the 698, c'mon man get it cleaned up , washed & a bit of back to black in the cab ,lets see her all up n running , you know proper tractors not these new fisher-price plastic things  :D

repair ! would be easiers to save the sides & rebuild the floor by the looks of it mart  :D :D :D

& as for pics of the new tractor , bla , bla ,bla,  mate we want updates of the 698, c'mon man get it cleaned up , washed & a bit of back to black in the cab ,lets see her all up n running , you know proper tractors not these new fisher-price plastic things  :D

The trailer body ended up at the scrappie, we couldn't do much to it and the local ag engineer said it would cost too much to fix it........ :'(

698 currently resides on the Teagle cement mixer, still thinking about trading her in, she starts well now though........ :)

Sorry I missed this topic Mart...

The 6480 is a peach Mart.... You are a lucky fella to be riding in that one mate... as for the 698... diton what Mr Marcus B said really mate... c'mon Mart... you know you wanna  :P;)

Cheers Marky........Aye the 6480 is certainly a gem........The lift arms, catches, top link etc are all still stiff........ :o :o

Will have to see what the future will hold for the 698........ :) :)