Lots of Case power...

Belarusfan

There's a saying about here about drilling wheat - 'Into slop, sure of a crop'. Wheat isn't as fussy as barley and will, most of the time, germinate in very wet ground.We actually had a 4 ton an acre crop off a field we drilled when it was wet and snotty under foot :o:)

Sounds about right :)

Crikey... some great pics there.. Muddy or what... Well spoted on the plough angle Tris... I wouldn't have noticed that in a million years... I gues that's what makes a good ploughman...

Now then Marky... buck your ideas up sonny... if you are going to learn to plough... you must look at the pictures more closely  >:(

Interesting method of seed application... how do you get the tramlines like that  :D :D :D

With difficulty ::):P You have to pace them out and mark them by hand I guess....

Sounds about right :)

With difficulty ::):PYou have to pace them out and mark them by hand I guess....

Or you can do it using our method for spraying beans for the first time. We tied chains onto the end of the booms so they drag along the ground, if you get it right when you turn on the end they stay in the same place so you know your distance is right then you just pick up a line in the work. We also used sticky tape on the windows, one bit as a mark for 12m and one for 24m, you just line this up with you previous set of wheel marks, works every time :);)

We also used sticky tape on the windows, one bit as a mark for 12m and one for 24m, you just line this up with you previous set of wheel marks, works every time :);)

at least i wasn't the only one then  :D my bosses thought i was mad sticking insulation tape on all the tractor windscreens ! blue for 12m m ,red for 24m

at least i wasn't the only one then  :D my bosses thought i was mad sticking insulation tape on all the tractor windscreens ! blue for 12m m ,red for 24m

No, 3 out of the 4 of us where i used to work had it on the windows, we also had some on the middle of the bonnet for centre line marking on the Fiat F140 when drilling, just saves time :)