Lots of Case power...

Belarusfan

Photos from today. They will be on my website sometime, but I was rather pleased with them (took over 300 ::)) so thought I would put a few on now for everyone to see.

All in 1 field, in the order that everything was happening:

Riecam RBM 300-S with Case IH CVX170 carting:

dscf5445smallxx3.jpg

dscf5454smallkd7.jpg

dscf5487smallei5.jpg

Case IH MX285 ploughing with a 6 furrow Gregoire Besson:

dscf5678smalloo6.jpg

dscf5694smallhh1.jpg

Case IH MX285 and 5m Maschio:

dscf5796smalljk8.jpg

dscf5799smallyh1.jpg

Case IH MXU135 spreading on seed with an Amazone spinner:

dscf5478smallap2.jpg

dscf5537smalljy2.jpg

New Holland 7840 and 4m Maschio covering the seed over:

dscf5753smalltj0.jpg

dscf5594smallqf1.jpg

Thanks for that......Never knew them to plant wheat that way before......Is it common practise to plant wheat that way in some areas?  :) :) ;)

It's quite unusual here too. The only reason they were doing so is that it was too wet to use a drill of any sort. This method appears to give good results as they have been doing it for many years after beet. The power harrow appears to have the effect of mixing the seed in all on 1 level as in the past their fields seeded like this have emerged evenly.

Any other questions then please ask ;):)

Wow that looks wet, matey in the Magnumhasn't got his plough set up right has he? The back furrow seems awfully deep  ???

Cracking photo's though Belarus, some serious rubber and horsepower in that lot  :o:)

I think its a bit deep as it hasn't been set up to include the fact that the tractor's rear wheels are a lot lower than the front as it is sinking in/spinning so much? ???

i echo the comments above really , you shouldn't work ground that wet no matter how desperate you are . when i first saw thatcase with the 6 furrow, i never used to plough that deep unless it was for potatoes , nice pics all the same  :) 

Won't the seed rot??  ::)

There's a saying about here about drilling wheat - 'Into slop, sure of a crop'. Wheat isn't as fussy as barley and will, most of the time, germinate in very wet ground.We actually had a 4 ton an acre crop off a field we drilled when it was wet and snotty under foot :o:)

Crikey... some great pics there.. Muddy or what... Well spoted on the plough angle Tris... I wouldn't have noticed that in a million years... I gues that's what makes a good ploughman...

Now then Marky... buck your ideas up sonny... if you are going to learn to plough... you must look at the pictures more closely  >:(

Interesting method of seed application... how do you get the tramlines like that  :D :D :D