Ploughs... ploughs... ploughs.... decisions... decisions... your thoughts please

Lord Ferguson

Now then fellas... I'm thinking about purchasing a plough for a bit of fun... possibly some FRIENDLY ploughing matches... here's some my mate Ben and I viewed the other day at Peterborough...

First up... and I think this is my favourite at the moment... ?650... a Massey 260 2 f rev pluff... manual trip

Marks out of ten please for each

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A finally a brace of Ransomes TS59's... the one everyone tells me I should have  ::)

Can't remember how much... but I think he wanted ?750  :o :o :o

Buy a rotory hoe

Ops I'm not much help am I. :-[

If it was possible Marky I'd take Gav back to look at them and let him run his eyes over them both.

Gavvvvv .... what do you think  :-*:-* :-*

Gavins proberly right never heard a bad word against a ransomes plough and being 2 furrow will be alot easier for match ploughing etc

Pardon? i'm right? you never usually agree with me :o::):D :D ;)

Thanks Gavvers... but I can't help thinking that he is a tad to expensive mate..... not the 260 reversible then  :'( :'( :'( :'(

It may well be a tad expensive but there are plenty about if you know where to look ;)  Not too sure on the MF one, hard to form an opinion without actually seeing the real thing :-\

I wouldn't touch the 260, Mark - especially with the manual turnover - it either didn't or tried to turn the tractor too. They never seem to stay adjusted either. No depth wheel doesn't help.  :(

KV much better option but if it's 14", wouldn't be too easy to change.

Ransomes - was the only plough to have on the Fordson Major or MF65; much better than grey ferguson ploughs of same era.

They all seem a wee bit pricey to me though.......... :)

I wouldn't touch the 260, Mark - especially with the manual turnover - it either didn't or tried to turn the tractor too. They never seem to stay adjusted either. No depth wheel doesn't help.  :(

KV much better option but if it's 14", wouldn't be too easy to change.

Ransomes - was the only plough to have on the Fordson Major or MF65; much better than grey ferguson ploughs of same era.

They all seem a wee bit pricey to me though.......... :)

Thanks John... well then... that's the 260 out  >:( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I am also watching a KV on ebay at the minute as well... no bids yet either so we'll see  ;)

Just gonna quote that John... now you know I love ya... but I reckon that's a NUMPTY... it's a 5 furrow... or am I missing something  :-[