Some Massey info. please

farmernick06

Hahahaha Don't worry Barry .... it's just a 'phase'. You can chat with my Mum .... but when you turn your back Marky will appear and take me away to the land of Massey,  :-\ :-\ Help !

Nah, i've loved Masseys ever since i was about 3 .... but went off of them when they started to go rounder. Then i discovered Deeres  :D :D

You two do make me laugh.... Legends !!

;D - * Marky licks his finger and makes a stroking motion to Bazza *

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cor... what a question...  :-*

Well then.... the 30 range of combines were around first in 89 I believe... they were pretty crap really in all honesty... they were a German brand called Dronimberg (usually chocolater brown and bright orange)... Massey just sprayed them red and sent them over here...

They never really performed that well... Massey had dominated the combine world until this time with their own built combines... the 525's, 625's the larger 750 and 760... later upgraded to the 855 and 865... but they must have thought they were better than what they were making previously? :) :) ::):P

As for tractors... the one on the front of that video is most likely a 2640 or a 2680... the 2000 series were an all new range of tractors launched in ABOUT 1980 something... (3-5 at a guess)... they were a HUGE hit as well - in the high HP range...

The 600 series was the tractor range for the masses in the later 80's anbd early 90's - this was a range that superseeded the hughly successful 500 series from the 70's (which superseeded the famous 100 series)...

I'll pop up some pics of some tractors from the 80's for you in a minute  ;) - anything else you want to know then fire away  ;)

Hmmmm... what happened here I posted a reply about the Dronningborg combines and its gawnn altogether? ???

What I said was....Massey must have thought they were better than what they'de been producing previously though! :);):o

probably more to do with a lisencing agreement so more money could be put towards R&D towards other machines .

thanks for the 699 pic marky , she's a beaut & no mistake , fantastic sounding note to them as well, a joy to drive in every way , if i had the money i'd definately go looking for one , as seeinig less & less of them about now, the cabs are too prone to rot to find a really nice one at affordable money. last one i drove had a loader fitted to it shortly after i left , but no strengthening rails were fitted , & was used to move potato boxes about , went well till someone tried moving a spud box full of wet dirt , yep you guessed it................................................. SNAP .  :( :( :( :(

Low Profile Can only mean one thing Nick. .. .. . 390 or 390T!!!!!!! (or others in the 300 range 362 - 399) but either way. . .. Loverly range of tractors. Biased, me?!! ;):-*

can imagine you in yer smoking jacket & bottle of champers ,just like the paul whitehouse character from the fast show

* waves the bottle , & says , me ? lord tristopher smallfry? 390T ? biased ? me ? surely not !

probably more to do with a lisencing agreement so more money could be put towards R&D towards other machines .

thanks for the 699 pic marky , she's a beaut & no mistake , fantastic sounding note to them as well, a joy to drive in every way , if i had the money i'd definately go looking for one , as seeinig less & less of them about now, the cabs are too prone to rot to find a really nice one at affordable money. last one i drove had a loader fitted to it shortly after i left , but no strengthening rails were fitted , & was used to move potato boxes about , went well till someone tried moving a spud box full of wet dirt , yep you guessed it................................................. SNAP:( :( :( :(

Oh dear Marcus what a way to end her career... or did they buy her new castings ???