agriums new tanker

I must say those tankers are awesome, a credit to you paul, lots of hours work going into that.

Im have been making a prototype over the past 2/3 weeks, that will be cast, but cant go to the level of detail you have as mr postie wont like those gate valve handles too much, but its getting there.

I will be happy with half what you boys are offering Paul :D :D :D :D :D

pics on the web www.agrium-models.com ;)

Sorry Paul, dont want to steel your thunder, but any oppourtunity I will give the tanker a plug ::) ::)

Good work, Low loader looks good too.

• 3 weeks later...

Im hoping to have the first few ready for Spalding, price not really known yet, but going off past models, anywhere from ?55 upwards.

The body will be cast resin, which although not the most expwnsive thing in the world will make the kits more expensive then the West spreader

most manufacturers offer this, it is a jetter, which if the fields are too wet, you can drive the tanker along the roadside or just around the headlands and jet the slurry upto 100ft - not into the wind though, might make a mess of your windows :o

will it be possible to get them without the rain gun and with a rear splash plate instead?

dont think with the new nitrates law we will be allowed to use rain guns any more,even in 1/32 farming!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Won't be allowed to use splashplates in another few years either  :( :( :-\

That's going to be one hell of a tank

will it be possible to get them without the rain gun and with a rear splash plate instead?

dont think with the new nitrates law we will be allowed to use rain guns any more,even in 1/32 farming!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

er Ian when shes done.

Just read an article in Profi, "Splash plate tanker days are numbered" Joskin are going to concentrate on making injectors from now on.

guess that means I'll have to scrap this idea then oh what a shame, i've nearly finished, guess the old EA will be clamping down on us carpet farmers,...darn it  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Its always something I can think about in the future, to make an injector system for it.

in answer to earlier question, just knocked this up, with a gearbox and seperate centrifugal pump, which is supplied from the base of the tank.  The Sh1t really flies out of here, Joskin reckon pressure of 6bar is achieved, wouldn't mind seeing that, never used a jetter before

comments.....

tanker12.jpg

tanker13.jpg

tanker14.jpg

tanker15.jpg

needs finishing off, edges smoothing, and grey primer applying before casting

Lots of detail here ian, looking veru very nice indeed. Now I have two of your models it will be hard to say no to this one so mission complete in your mind, eh?!!

Nice project though, look forward to more installments.  :)