telescopic loader

toyboy

If you want a more construction based machine then yeah! Why havn't Cat made more agricultural type handlers?

The ag spec cats are class telehandlers. If there is enuf intrest ill type out the article in a mag i have on it. ( power farming )

The ag spec cats are class telehandlers. If there is enuf intrest ill type out the article in a mag i have on it. ( power farming )

What the new ones? I thought there were a few similarities.

The old 62 was built of iron, hell of a tool they were, shame about the length of the wheelbase though. That was their main hinderence for the general farmer I think.

And the story goes...

Cat. boought all rights to the compact range that Claas had on the drawing board before it was launched. They were produced as the Claas Targo C series for agriculture and as the Cat. TH210 and TH215 for construction.

PLAYERS EMERGE

Caterpillar's decision to out-source production of its telescopic handlers has touched off an intriguing series of networking deals.

Cat. has entered into a 20-year partnership with America's JLG Industries; and Claas, which had been sourcing its handlers from Caterpillar, has linked up with German wheeled loader maunfacturer Kramer.

JLG Industries, which operates here through seven regional sales/ service offices, has bought all rights and production tooling for current Cat. telehandlers for the equivalent of more than Au$68m.

It plans to spend US$30m developing the North American product line and adding capacity to its headquarters production facility in Pennsylvania and the European operation in Belgium.

The resulting telehandlers will be manufactured using a number of Caterpillar driveline and other components, for sale in Cat. colours exclusively through the Caterpillar dealer networks worldwide.

JLG chairman and CEO Bill Lasky said the company was honoured by Caterpillar's endorsement of its manufacturing capabilities and looked forward to an expanded relationship with Cat. as a major component supplier.

For Caterpillar, Ed Rapp, vice-president of its building-construction products division, said the deal played to the partners' respective strengths, combining Cat.'s global brand, distribution and component expertise with JLG's strong design capabilities in the telehandler and lift industry.

JLG Industries already produces a wide selection of telescopic handlers under the various brand names it has acquired in recent years - including JLG, Gradall and Lull.

Its involvement in the agricultural sector has been limited but the company signalled its intentions two years ago when it purchased a small Belgian manufacturer for its hydrostatic drive handler design and secured a deal to produce handlers in Deutz-Fahr colours for the Same Deutz-Fahr organisation.

Caterpillar became a telescopic handler manufacturer when it launched the first TH models. Still built in the UK but to updated specification, th TH was the first modern handler to feature an engine installed between the right-hand wheels rather than in the tail.

This layout has now been adopted by most manufacturers because of the advantages it brings in terms of rearward visibility and ease of service access.

Claas entered the materials handling market in the 1990s by purchasing the British firm Sanderson Teleporters, founded by a former pig farmer who pioneered the telescopic handler concept.

In 2000, Caterpillar struck a deal with Claas to buy the intellectual and manufacturing rights to the German manufacturer's Targo telehandler range, and negotiate an OEM deal to make and supply the machines to Claas for sale into agricultral markets.

The rights package included a new range of side-engine, hydrostatic drive compact handlers that Claas had on the drawing board. Procuced by Caterpillar for Claas, these machinews - being smaller and more nimble than the TH models - also fitted Caterpillar's growing line of compact construction machinery.

Cat.'s decision to exit telehandler manufacturing in 2006 has forced Claas to seed a new partner.

Rather than turning to an established maker of telescopic handlers, it has negotiated a deal with Kramer Werke, the wheeled loader division of the Austro-German company Neuson Kramer Baumaschinen.

Kramer has made telescopic boom versions of its rigid chassis, four-wheel steer, hydrostatic drive loaders - which are also sold as Gehl machines - but has not previously made a side engine, side cab design.

The new telescopic handlers developed jointly by the partners will be sold by Kramer into the construction/industrial sector, while agricultural versions with a number of different specification details will be sold as Claas machines.

Claas has taken a minority shareholding in Kramer Werke to cement the relationship.

Joint managing directors, Karl-Friedrich Hauri and Martin Buyle, said the venture would double Kramer's production output and within a few years would represent 40 per cent of the division's sales turnover.

Lothar Kriszun, Claas manager of marketing and after-sales, said that in Kramer, the company has found a well-respected and, above all, competent partner in the industry. He described Kramer's wheeled loaders as being at the cutting edge of technology with a strong reputation for reliability.

Ok i confess i hadndt atcualy read it. i just red the top bit. i just gave the book to the mrs and said can you type this plz. I hope it wasnt to boring for you. And RICKY you owe me now for getting that up  ;) ;)

To me sounds like UH could do just one of the 3 and you can repaint in to what ever you want

There is nothing on the box that states a maker's name. There is reference to JLG Gear. and a website  jlg.com  It also lists 8 JLG or Gradall or Lull models that are available.

It's a good model, decent detail. Cylinders, hydraulic lines, air cleaner, mirrors decals etc. Not UH quality but a well detailed toy. I'd let a 7 year old loose with it (well, not my model but y' get my meaning ::))

Ok i confess i hadndt atcualy read it. i just red the top bit. i just gave the book to the mrs and said can you type this plz. I hope it wasnt to boring for you. And RICKY you owe me now for getting that up  ;) ;)

To me sounds like UH could do just one of the 3 and you can repaint in to what ever you want

Ta buddy

So by all that I own caterpillar and I get the girl right?  :D :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...