Removing body from chassis - TTV

Barry

Question

I'm trying to remove the body of the TTV from the chassis........have undone the screw under the drivers seat but it seams to not be coming of that easily, dispite cautious pulling......is there another screw or a technique of getting it off?

;D

14 answers to this question

Not sure yet....first atempt at doing a convo/scratch model.....wanted to dismantle a TTV as i've seen it used alot for convo's, and see what the chassis is like and then i'll know what i'm working with.  Gonna measure it up and make a drawing of the chassis and scale a few things down etc.

Bit of a fiddle, i un-did the screw and then kept prising the cab upwards with a flat head screwdriver under the cab from the back, and another under the front of the bonnet, it broke the steering wheel off but the rest was fine.

Yes pretty straight forward really ;) ;)

The possibilities are endless really, NH tsa, Case CVX, Case MXU, MF 6290, NH TM165 all fit on with relative ease.  ;)

great  :)

these are the two tractors i want to make  8) not a big case fan but these are mighty tractors

post-594-132638555236_thumb.jpg

post-594-132638555239_thumb.jpg

i ripped one apart yesterday, bonnet was well fast! trying to fit mf 6290 plastics to it but over cut the floor pan and it aint sitting right, also do you reduce the size of the lugs on the tractor engine to get the bonnet to sit right? im not too happy with how the convo is going, may have to call in help with this one ::)

does anyone do replacement decals for these as id like it to be a 6270 'powercontrol' like i used to drive ;)

i ripped one apart yesterday, bonnet was well fast! trying to fit mf 6290 plastics to it but over cut the floor pan and it aint sitting right, also do you reduce the size of the lugs on the tractor engine to get the bonnet to sit right? im not too happy with how the convo is going, may have to call in help with this one ::)

does anyone do replacement decals for these as id like it to be a 6270 'powercontrol' like i used to drive ;)

best way to get those floorpans to fit right mike is to cut the slot where the seat is right back to the hole where the rear cab lug sits, they sit perfect then ,not to high of the wheels and nice and level, can post a pic of what i mean when i get home if you want,all of mine(6290,6190,and other )have been done this way, you shouldn't need to remove any of the bonnet lugs for a britains bonnet either, only bit i di was add a second upright to sit the front of the bonnet on just for extra support, small bit of plasti strut will do the job

as for decals i have never come across anoy other makers of them, so far anyway, although walker parts amy be able to make them for you ,

I'm trying to remove the body of the TTV from the chassis........have undone the screw under the drivers seat but it seams to not be coming of that easily, dispite cautious pulling......is there another screw or a technique of getting it off?

;D

only just seen this post, but remove the sterring wheel first(gentlyy wobble/pull it should come of ok) then do as you described, the floor pan will just lift off then,found the lugs on the bottom of the consol are glued into the floorpan, so stop it coming off unless you break the wheels as you di, or remove it first