Tools

FB

Question

Were do most of you get the modelling tools from??

i have a few i get from the model shop (knives, saws) but i need some small dia. drill bits??

also, draper do a nice model set with knives, saw and mitre block for around ?20, good for shed building i think, saw it in a model shop in york but didnt get round to buying it, anyone recommend it???

but i know you can get it from the local JD store :)

http://www.drapertools-online.com/b2c/b2citmdsp.pgm?pp_skmno=21835

7 answers to this question

Were do most of you get the modelling tools from??

i have a few i get from the model shop (knives, saws) but i need some small dia. drill bits??

also, draper do a nice model set with knives, saw and mitre block for around ?20, good for shed building i think, saw it in a model shop in york but didnt get round to buying it, anyone recommend it???

cant find a pic yet but i know you can get it from the local JD store :)

I got a set of 50 out of Homebase in sizes 1-2.5 mm for ?9.99 along with a cheap mitre block as well, can't remember what it cost though. My knife set came out of a QD store for under ?3

I got a set of 50 out of Homebase in sizes 1-2.5 mm for ?9.99 along with a cheap mitre block as well, can't remember what it cost though. My knife set came out of a QD store for under ?3

i've often looked in homebase but they always seem to be bigger dia. :-\ :-\, i'll go take a walk over there later

hand toold the local cheapo shop, only paid a quid for my miter block and saw, still going after a year of hard work, drills i tend to buy from the local model shop, they do sets of 6 from .2mm up to 1mm in dia for 3 quid, easilly covers all the small bits i do ,cheaper than b&q or machine mart ect by a long way