Dear Siku

Guest XYLON524

Guest XYLON524

I have been looking at a few new releases for 2007 what i want to know is whats the deal with these stupid steering nobs on the top from a collectors point of view its a no go for me and i will not be buying anymore siku unless these are removed

From a kids point of view that started collected with his pocketmoney i thought that the steering nobs on the top were quite a good idea for carpet farmers, it was very easy and saved alot of fuss.But now from a collectors point of view they aren't so good. Collectors are only a portion of the custom they must get so it would be interesting to see what there solution would be to suite both.

From a kids point of view that started collected with his pocketmoney i thought that the steering nobs on the top were quite a good idea for carpet farmers, it was very easy and saved alot of fuss.But now from a collectors point of view they aren't so good. Collectors are only a portion of the custom they must get so it would be interesting to see what there solution would be to suite both.

i agree with you there young nick!, its like with all the models, there has to be a compromise, which is why we always moan about all the brands!!

maybe they need something like one of those old models, britains i think :-\ :-\, where they had a rod that would connect to the tractor to steer, but looked ok to display....make sense :-\ :-\

i agree with you there young nick!, its like with all the models, there has to be a compromise, which is why we always moan about all the brands!!

maybe they need something like one of those old models, britains i think :-\ :-\, where they had a rod that would connect to the tractor to steer, but looked ok to display....make sense :-\ :-\

That was Bruder I think.  :-\

That was Bruder I think.  :-\

yeah they do it now dont they but i'm sure i saw it in a mag of a old tractor :-\, around the 70's?? ???, i honestly dont know who made it though....but you get the idea? ???:-\

• 2 weeks later...

children probably only buy a model at shows and the odd ocasion but collecters buy when they want to and buy more so i think its 50% children and 50% colloecters who buy there stuff  :)

• 3 months later...

The Siku knob adds functionality for play and carpet farming.

However, I feel Siku never thought the whole thing through.

Lets have the 'Frankenstein Formula'

Consider this - Siku now have drivers fixed in the cabs.

What if they had a GPS or similar antenna on the centerline,  but operating a rod to which was attached the drivers head and effectively is the drivers spine - goes down though the body and seat to activate steering.

Plus - a new thing - a tracto driver who is actually looking where he is going.  Spooky.

The Siku knob adds functionality for play and carpet farming.

However, I feel Siku never thought the whole thing through.

Lets have the 'Frankenstein Formula'

Consider this - Siku now have drivers fixed in the cabs.

What if they had a GPS or similar antenna on the centerline,  but operating a rod to which was attached the drivers head and effectively is the drivers spine - goes down though the body and seat to activate steering.

Plus - a new thing - a tracto driver who is actually looking where he is going.  Spooky.

Be nice in real life as well that one!!!

The idea you put before us is a good one though, there would be very little of the assembly to see if it was done in that way. An idea you ought to submit I think, or have you?