Deere-est Does New Zealand!!! **UPDATE p13**

Deere-est

Well here are a few pictures Traci took of us lot out baling silage. Me aboard a trusty 6180 and Claas 780 rake, Scot on his beloved CVX with an LBX baler and Yogi in the 414s. We had about 30 acres to do and all was not going to plan due to the baler not knotting properly, Scot spent more times on the baler than in the seat I am sure. Traci has blisters from all the walking she did for this so here goes!!

post-227-132638558308_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638558324_thumb.jpg

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These next few I took myself on Tuesday. First I raked the swaths over onto dry grass to try and help the baler after yesterdays troubles. After that I jumped on the 414s and loaded the farmer up and then had to keep the wrapper going because the 6150 loader controls fell apart in the cab!!  :D :D

Started at 4pm and finished at 2am Wednesday!!

Views from inside Jakey. Load joystick to the right with forward/reverse shuttle switch on top. Third service right of the joystick. Powershift on stalk to left of steering wheel, thats it!!

post-227-13263855851_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638558539_thumb.jpg

Nice pics Traci. Especially the wonderful views.

Can't you get something JD green to drive Tris?

They have a Deutz and a Claas Kev but not a Deere in sight. Think there is three MF's, one Fendt, one Deutz, one JCB and four or five Case's.

Great pics Tris... that pic of the 6180 front on (Tristans pics 126a) is superb mate... If your were blonde and had big boobs that would be my desktop pic... Traci has taken some great shots tell her... many thanks.

So what temperature is it during the day then  ???

Traci sends her thanks to you all for the compliments towards her photo's lads. Your in her good books now  ;):)

Tempretures Marky havn't been great, it was 27 when we go here the first week of January and since then it has been humid, muggy, overcast on on a few days very wet. Probably getting in the low 20's though I expect. I'll get another pic like 126a and make ure I have a pair of baloons and a blonde wig handy  ;):D

Alan mate, they went to finish the baling today with a McCormick baler which broke the strings everytime it ejected a bale.. ... In the end they gave up and Krone Combiwrapped it!! This place was up near Te Kowhai. :D

Gav, the Farmmaster was a lovely thing to drive but the ram seals on the Soft Hands bale grab were knackered so you had to have a hand on the third service the whole time to stop it dropping the bales. This mean't using the left hand shuttle was awkward. I can see with this working properly she'd be a smooth old beast. (Still prefer the Volvo's though ;))

And yep, being back in a tractor seat, listening to Rock FM, at 1am, with lights a blaze. . .... was fantastic!! ;):)

Should be having a go on the peat tomorrow all being well. Will report back as soon as possible.

:)