Deere-est Does New Zealand!!! **UPDATE p13**

Deere-est

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Christ some cracking pics again Trissle... I just love the look of that old Mack low loader... would that be a 70's truck mate  ???:-\

I agree on the Foden as well... My mate Clive will love that pic  :-*

They sure do like big kit over there mate don't they... so what would one of those "super sized" bulkers hold fully laden...

::) - what I mean is... whats the GVW of one of those please  ;)

I'm pretty sure these guys run at 44t as they do at home Marky but hopefully Datman will be able to confirm one way or t'other. I love the trucks out here, the trucks I saw in the US were awesome but here they have a certain nostalgia about them. Nice colours, a mix of brands etc. Always plenty to see. It is funny to see a Foden in the same yard as Freighliners and Macks. Peterbilts are none too common here as they are not available in right hand drive. A haulage company south of us imports their own and converts them, hoping to get a pic of one of these as there are stunning.

Renault are indeed owned by Mack and many a Magnum can be seen at home with MACK badges on them, usually added by the driver though. Funny, the new Renaults are on Volvo built chassis and engine/gearbox's . ... .what a strange old world!!! Foden are popular over here and share dealers with Kenworth and DAF under the PACCAR brand, seems daft the name will be history soon. Daf are quite common here too, some lovely 95XF Spacecab cattle trucks around the place.

Toyboy, if I could have a wogon like those above and drive it for fun rather than work I'd have one shipped over!! I don't mind the odd day in the seat for something different now but truck driving left a bad taste in my mouth unfortunatley. I love the work and the machinery but there just isn't any satisfaction in it and your at the mercey of too many people, the boss, the loaders, the police, VOSA, Ethel in her Nissan Micra. .. :(:-[  Pefect job would be a farm with a small haulage business, just one or tow trucks.  :)

yessir 44t at present. not sure if the weight was changed but i think the max length was changed since i got my licence. or they were trialing it or something anyway.. our roads are too crap for anything heavier! do enough damage as it is!

Yup shes 44,000kg and max of 20m long.

We have a realy vast mix of trucks over here but there are some true beasts around..

Hey tris try and check out STL transport they are black and red but they are stunning... they have a eight wheeler COE KW towing a quad axle flat deck and she looks sexy  ;) She does auckland to wellys soyou should catch it some where ::)

Here are some pics to tempt you college boys over here in a year or two.

John Austins crew, one of the three he runs. Dicky one of our members is a full timer with Austins and kindly let me know they were chopping so with my camera poised and ready off I trotted down the road a couple of miles to find this lot with a few acres left.

Thanks Rich  :)

8520 on the pit with a marvel of a front blade. Hydraulic top link and lateral pivot. Damn sight better than a fork by the looks of it.

post-227-132638571521_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638571528_thumb.jpg

Bored yet? More to come!!!  ;D

With the stack up level with the rear wall Dicky drives over from the rear and tips. The cabin of the forager just above the maize crop, it was a good 8 - 9ft tall and apparently it gets taller!!!

post-227-132638571586_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638571592_thumb.jpg

Dicky's 6920s without the front links (the chopper drivers tractor but his for today) and one of the other crews machines park up for half an hour. The stack tractor towing the crew bus towing the sheet roll trailer, quite an outfit!!

post-227-132638571634_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638571644_thumb.jpg