texas

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello!

The SIMA exhibition permit to discover, and buy UH Amazone spreader, Horsch seed drill, Valtra T, and Claas big baler.

You can see more informations and photos on this link: http://forum.aceboard.net/7381-1860-0-actualite-miniature-agricole.htm

(See te Rostlemash combine model 1/32 too and newest "La Campagne" trailer + 6 meters Lemken seed drill mounted on a power harrow. Very nice exhibition this year, a lot of news in 1/1 and 1/32 scale)  :D

how many horses do you need under the bonnet to run that then  :-\

A standard Quadrant could run as little as 130Hp but to be man of the machine 150hp + 

This new baler is larger with a 1m x 1m chamber and a new packing system - I've been told it needs some horses to make it go! ;)

A standard Quadrant could run as little as 130Hp but to be man of the machine 150hp + 

This new baler is larger with a 1m x 1m chamber and a new packing system - I've been told it needs some horses to make it go! ;)

I've been led to believe that this will need a minimum of 250hp under the bonnet to get it to run it right as it produces a similar bale to a quadrant yet is more tightly packed, has cutting system and in general is a bigger baler.  There was one in the UK last season on a JCB 8250 and aparently the guy said all it was doing was killing the fastrac it just wasnt man enough for it and will be going on a 300hp+ machine this season to reach its potential ;) ;)

But finally manufacturers are bringing the bigger kit out got something for my 930's and 936's to pull :-*:-* :D :D

when we carry out demo's using a fastrac for big baling, you do find you need a lot of horsepower whereas we can use a lot smaller hp with a conventional tractor - no offence to JCB, its a great pulling machine but no good at pto work.

A customer I visited today with a big square tried it on a 140HP fastrac and it killed it, but he normally runs it on a 125HP Case quite happily.

The new Claas has been reported to need a lot more power for the chamber size compared with other manufacturers.  But this baler has been developed for high than expected outputs and good density which needs some serious power.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I got the Quadrant 3400 at Saturday, a very fine model! The only thing I think what could be better are the oilhose which must be moveable because I think it looks stupid if the baler is behind a tractor and the oil hoses are at the drawbar of th implement.

Keep on buiyng this nice UH item  ;)

Best Regards

Moritz

Hey Guys,

I got the Quadrant 3400 at Saturday, a very fine model! The only thing I think what could be better are the oilhose which must be moveable because I think it looks stupid if the baler is behind a tractor and the oil hoses are at the drawbar of th implement.

Keep on buiyng this nice UH item  ;)

Best Regards

Moritz

Yes that's the same on the Fendt baler.  ;)