Vervaet Beet Harvester

Barry

Thats quite an old harvester there Bazza, must be 10 years old or more with the old style cab on it. Good pics though :);)

Yeah, M reg.....because the sugar factory in Shropshire is closing, most farmers in Herefordshire are stopping growing beet on a big scale, only for fodder beet, the owner of this was offered ?8k for this one when harvesting finishes  :o

nice collection of Pics Baz ;D ;D ;D ;D, seem to be a few around here and those matriot type ones??, i think a lot of beet here is harvested by contractors now days, long gone are the old standen tornados etc. :( :( :(

I know, shame.....next door to this farm i used to live on is a contractor who has 3 Vervaets and now nobody is growing it, his gear is worth nowt! There are a few farmer who are gonna carry on and transport it further to Lincoln i believe.

can they use the same machine to lift feed beet then if the normal crops aint grown any more?? or is that to expensive for the farmer/contractor to run

Yeah you can use the same machine, the way we've done it was to lift the topper up and take all the scalper knives out of it as you want the beets whole as much as possible not with the crowns missing like on sugar beet. They aren't cheap machines to run but for a smaller grow a machine like this would be justifiable compared to the cost of a trailed on now