At work with Gav

Gav836

:o......That's a fair depth she went down there Gav......Did you have the 8870 and TS-A in tandem to get her out then......

Yeah, I had the 8870 directly onto the combine and the other lad had the TSA chained to the front of me, the only problem came when changing through the gears as the powershift isn't as quick on the TSA as the 70 series so it came close to gettiting its rear end rearranged due to a short chain between us ::):D :D

Is it still pretty damp there then Gav  :-\ :-\

Just a little, bits of fields are getting left and you wouldn't want to drive crossways to the combine due to the depth of the wheelings. I'm having a hell of a job to find level ground in fields to stack bales on at the minute :-\

Yeah, I had the 8870 directly onto the combine and the other lad had the TSA chained to the front of me, the only problem came when changing through the gears as the powershift isn't as quick on the TSA as the 70 series so it came close to gettiting its rear end rearranged due to a short chain between us ::):D :D

Just a little, bits of fields are getting left and you wouldn't want to drive crossways to the combine due to the depth of the wheelings. I'm having a hell of a job to find level ground in fields to stack bales on at the minute :-\

Made for an interesting morning then mate...... :D;)

Yesterday and today I have been pulling up stubbles with the Solo and Ford 8770, its a good load for the tractor on the heavy clay soils on this farm and came very close to needing a chain just after lunch today when the tractor dropped in due to how hard the Solo was pulling, tried to lift the Solo out but the wheels went down into the mud and tipped it over at 45 degrees sideways, much shunting backwards and forwards later it did claw its way out ::)

Here's some pictures from today, none of the mud related incident though :D :D

P8230064.jpg

P8230065.jpg

P8230066.jpg

P8230067.jpg

P8230068.jpg

P8230061.jpg

P8230069.jpg

P8230063.jpg

Still busy with the Solo, had to move to lighter land though as the fields I was doing are far to wet after the rain on Sunday night ::)

Is this any better Simon ::);D ;D :D :D ;)

Come on Gav, we all know that trick.........straight up the tram-line! :D::);)

nice gav you sure that is you driving  :D :D gun barrell s . itry but the crow keeps moving in the hedge  :D :D

Well the tractor does have some auto gears but I still gotta be there when I can ::);D:D :D

I've done that before, picked something out in a hedge from the opposite end of the field only for it to move, a footpath walker the other side of the hedge was a good one ::) ::)

Why did you put them in? :D No I believe you, look like your having fun Gav. ;)

>:( and after all I do to help you :'( :'( :D :D ;)

It is fun, tests the reflexes when the whole lot sinks in a wet hole, got to be quick to get the legs out of work or its chain time ::)

>:( and after all I do to help you :'( :'( :D :D ;)

It is fun, tests the reflexes when the whole lot sinks in a wet hole, got to be quick to get the legs out of work or its chain time ::)

Aww you know I'm only going by personal experiance........ ::):-[:-\ And yeah I bet. ;)

Looks like it makes a nice job that solo,will you just go into that with a power harrow/seeder and drill the next crop if it's to be planted in the fall Gav?

That does make a nice job on there, it will still be ploughed but as we needed it disced to get the wheat to chit and subsoiled as well the Solo was the quickest way to do it. On the OSR ground we have just done it had 2 passes of the Solo, followed by the power harrow and then the drill as the land is so heavy there.