At work with Gav

Gav836

After a few weeks off sick I have now decided to give up my current job on health grounds. This morning I have managed to land a job on self employed terms with a 1000 acre family farm which also does some contracting, especially midi hesston baling using Welgar machines. My jobs would be spraying, baling, ploughing, drilling and muck spreading along with maintainence jobs. Machinery fleet that I know of at the minute consists of NH TM175, TSA135, there is another NH or two but not sure what, also one McCormick, combine is a NH TX66 20'. As soon as I get a chance I shall get pictures for you all to see :);)

Thanks Barry. I can't make enough doing the scratch building alone but this proves a good answer to the problem as it could only be 2 or 3 days a week some of the time giving me time to do the models as well :);)

Excellent Gav......Glad to hear that mate......Sounds like you'll be working with some nice machinery of the blue variety too......Do you know how old the TX is mate?  :) :) ;)

Cheers Martin, no idea on age, I've seen it every year for the past 5 years as it turns out as they had some land joining where I used top work but I've never paid much attention as I was always on the Lexion at the time

Congratulations mate, be glad to see some pictures, New Holland's aswell, bit of a change of scenery for you! Happy for you mate  :)

Cheers Luke, looking forward to it, shame about the TSA though

Thanks guys

well done Gav, like Barry i thought you had gone full time model builder :D :D

get the pics soon then ;)

where is the job based :-\

It's based at a place called Mattishall near Dereham here in Norfolk

Well done Gav best of luck with the new job! and you can do the building in your spare time ;)

Thanks Garret, Should work well like that as if its wet I'll be at home and during slack times so i can do the models then :)

Well done indeed Gav... sounds like the idela senario for you mate.. I wish you every success mate  ;)

Thanks Mark, i hope it does too, like going back in time really as my Grand Father worked for his Father years ago :)

Good on yer mate... can you get me a can of petrol and 20 woodbines then please as well  ;D

Erm..... No, you told us that you'd given up smoking ::) Unless of course you want to use the petrol to keep Fanny warm ::);D:D :D ;)

nice one gav, certainly got to be better than all the turkey dung and fumes ect affecting you, where abouts is the new farm to then?

The new place is about 3-4 miles from my door so it'll save 24 miles a day on my journey, or in other words nearly a gallon of diesel a day :)

even better mate, quids in all round eh, i take it you'll prob be doing more than 3 days a week in harvest though

Yeah from what he said this morning he'll be doing the combining whilst myself and his son are out with the 2 Welgar balers on contract work. Never done any baling but I'm really looking forward to it, something I've always wanted to do :)

Got an update to the situation now, Heard the letterbox go at 630 tonight, letter pushed through saying I was being made redundant from my current job due to lack of work caused by bird flu, thought it was nice of them, they didn't even knock!! Had no contact with them by phone about it, just a letter out of the blue, think that shows what sort of a firm they are to work for :-\