At work with Gav

Gav836

I'd take a Case/NH CVX or TVT over a JD Autopower anyday, just a much better set up in my opinion, I don't think there will be any more JD tractors bought on the farm from what I've heard either

Got in this morning and was asked if i would feed the cattle as the other chap had a day off, can't have done too bad a job of it as they tucked into it quite nicely. All done using a JCB 526 and bucket feeder, first bucket had milled wheat, meal and crushed rape seed, 2nd had stock feed potatoes in it

Some happy customers :)

post-334-132638801681_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638801702_thumb.jpg

It was also a case of out with the old and in with the new after I'd done the feeding today. The dealer turned up with an 03 plate JCB 526 with 1700hrs on it to replace our rather ancient one which was getting rather ropey. They had to put the smaller wheels off our 526 on it as it wouldn't fit in some of the livestock buildings if not ::)

post-334-132638801725_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638801744_thumb.jpg

The funny thing is that when they put the 24inch wheels on our old 526 they found a problem.....they can no longer steer it as if you turn the wheels more than a couple of inches they foul the mudguards and also tank on the right hand side of the machine, shows how much difference there is with the newer models :D

Today I have had to do a repair job to the Vaderstad where the manager got a bit heavy handed with a dust cover on it so heres a pic of it out of the shed and on my 6920s which is currently awaiting a visit from the doctor ::) ::)

post-334-132638807872_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638807879_thumb.jpg

Buttons, knobs and switches....thought I'd have a play with them as the manager was away today to see how each setting caused the harvester to react.....could take a while to get the hang of this :D

post-334-132638807913_thumb.jpg

Buttons, knobs and switches....thought I'd have a play with them as the manager was away today to see how each setting caused the harvester to react.....could take a while to get the hang of this :D

Set them all to 11 and put your foot down  :D

Draft sensor not working on the linkage, thats a pick up hitch off job and about 6 hrs, transmission oil pressure switch is faulty as well. The tractor has already had a new gearbox fitted back in February at 3000hrs. There will be no more Deere's bought on the farm now, everyone has had enough of them and their problems ::)

Draft sensor not working on the linkage, thats a pick up hitch off job and about 6 hrs, transmission oil pressure switch is faulty as well. The tractor has already had a new gearbox fitted back in February at 3000hrs. There will be no more Deere's bought on the farm now, everyone has had enough of them and their problems ::)

5 and a half if your lucky ;)

Although i am a john deere fan i dont have to worry about reliablity as i dont own one so i cant really comment until i start working with diffent makes of tractors. All i no is that the farmer up the lane brought a new 8320 and with 9 hours on the clock the crankshaft when bang. Yes thats right 9 hours. John deere had a batch of falty cranks on there production line as a poor quaity metal sliped though the net as they put it  ;):)

Although i am a john deere fan i dont have to worry about reliablity as i dont own one so i cant really comment until i start working with diffent makes of tractors. All i no is that the farmer up the lane brought a new 8320 and with 9 hours on the clock the crankshaft when bang. Yes thats right 9 hours. John deere had a batch of falty cranks on there production line as a poor quaity metal sliped though the net as they put it  ;):)

Local contrator has 4 jd 8*20,s all them have new cranks in, 2 snaped, the other 2 were recaled intime

Nice pics gav, you having fun at work still??

hello, mission control to gav , mission control to gav  :D :D :D

you'd think the idea of electronic controls would be to make the job easier  :D

think i was lucky with the statesman mate , my control unit was dials & rocker  & toggle switches  :D the only button i had was for on/off :-\

looks a lot but once they're set, you'll rarely need to use them

hello, mission control to gav , mission control to gav  :D :D :D

you'd think the idea of electronic controls would be to make the job easier  :D

think i was lucky with the statesman mate , my control unit was dials & rocker  & toggle switches  :D the only button i had was for on/off :-\

looks a lot but once they're set, you'll rarely need to use them

Very true Marcus,I found that as well.

Some from today, before and after of the muck pad, incredibly smelly job this time as although the muck had only been tipped there since Tuesday it was cooking nicely so the ammonia was fairly strong

P5180073.jpg

P5180074.jpg

JCB 526 FS with Albutt grab

P5180075.jpg

JD 6420s and Berthoud Elyte 1200l 24m sprayer along with front tank, the bosses machine

P5180076.jpg