New Straw Chopper

Powerstarâ„¢

College have finally got rid of the single round bale Teagle Tomahawk on the back of a column change Ford 4610 and gone for a JD 3300 & Reco Jeantil trailed chopper, not very good pictures, but it seems to be a good machine, just seems to block up alot, but in saying that the quality of the straw is somewhat to be desired!

post-201-132638567433_thumb.jpg

Used to have over a thousand, had a major Pig Unit there, although after a swop of jobs and new people running the farm the Farm Manager decided it wasn't profitable and has been selling off pigs slowly before christmas and in 2 weeks the 3 sheds will be empty and making room for a new parlour and a calf unit with a lambing shed, so major improvements. When I did my last duty there was 140 Piglets left.

Used to have over a thousand, had a major Pig Unit there, although after a swop of jobs and new people running the farm the Farm Manager decided it wasn't profitable and has been selling off pigs slowly before christmas and in 2 weeks the 3 sheds will be empty and making room for a new parlour and a calf unit with a lambing shed, so major improvements. When I did my last duty there was 140 Piglets left.

not good the pig industry at present mate, part of the reason we sold up, prices were dropping and that was even when all we did was feed them up for another comapny, they dropped x amount of on a mondy and on friday they took what ever was ready away,

not good the pig industry at present mate, part of the reason we sold up, prices were dropping and that was even when all we did was feed them up for another comapny, they dropped x amount of on a mondy and on friday they took what ever was ready away,

We used to have a pig farm at the end of our road, was part of Scotland's major pig producer, Scotpigs and as it slowly went into receivership (for a variety of reasons) my Mum always used to say "The bottom's gone out of the pig market"...... ::):D;)

it has unfortunatly mart, last visit to suffolk, i noticed at least 5 big pig farms that had closed down, and were puerly crop based ,real shame to, use dto be a pig farm just about every where you went up there at one point, only ever knew of 1 cow farm within 30 miles of my nans, all pigs, now i recon theres prob no more than 10 left,

it has unfortunatly mart, last visit to suffolk, i noticed at least 5 big pig farms that had closed down, and were puerly crop based ,real shame to, use dto be a pig farm just about every where you went up there at one point, only ever knew of 1 cow farm within 30 miles of my nans, all pigs, now i recon theres prob no more than 10 left,

It's a real shame when you look at it Sean......Scotpigs had a minimum of four farms I can think of and they were big concerns and that's just one company...... :-\

yeap ,not sure what happend to the company we used to rent the barns to, always used to have our own pigs ,but that became un viable so they went to rearing for a big company, but as i say that went south to profit wise, as they couldnt pay as much per pig as foriegn imports had slashed the prices, recon if it had payed they prob would have still got the farms and had a manager in for each ,so still be going