The daily dog walking expedition .....

farmernick06

Well today i went on a bike ride with my mate and we were heading to the village the other side of Barkers and instead of going round it we just went through it today. I've been wanting to get to it close for around 14 years so today was my big chance. Not sure if we were meant to be there ... but hay  :) They have a big track leading to the farm and on one side they keep some of their old kit  :)

The first is like a chiller or a freezer trailer and the second a press cultivator like thingy  :D

post-770-132638606616_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638606619_thumb.jpg

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now your friend and mine .....

Salad packing trailers, these usually are full with little trays of veg that are picked from the field put in trays, then on pallets then loaded onto the trailers. Some salad packing trailers are very different but these are plain ones. Multi purpose aswell

post-770-132638606674_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638606677_thumb.jpg

The next picture that really interests me, it is of the farm itself well the center. Lots of artic lorrys pull in each day being packed with pallets of salad by the fleet of Toyota forklifts. I especially like the waste shoot out of the roof that loads the trailer which is then taken to the field to be dumped by a McCormick CX105 w. loader .. formally a John Deere 2650  :( :(

And the second picture is the first of a little set of pictures of large scale picking in the distance. I saw McCormick CX105's loading up large trailers full of veg and a huge collection of florescent jackets  :)

post-770-132638606719_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638606722_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys was cut off last night and really couldn't be bothered to restart the computer. I'll finish off my pictures from yesterday  :)

Saw this coming down the main road past the farm, i let go off the take picture button accidentily and ruined a good photo unfortunaetly .. its a bit in your face  :D

post-770-13263860733_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638607334_thumb.jpg

Sorry lads about that, it was in the field with the Knight self propelled sprayer both doing there bit but i left the camera indoors and had to go to football, but i would love to get more pictures for you. Certainly is a beast, Barkers or bomfords as they are now are certainly diversifying in terms of machinery, saw them running a Fendt 914 last week  :o :o Sorry lads, i'll look out for it  :)