creek fen farm

toyfarmer

Looks like it is going to be quite a building when it is done a stocked up. Look forward to that mate  :)

Choose the paint and the application carefully, you may remember my dilemma when colourig my dutch barn. The car contorts terribly and so I ended up removing what I had done to that point and refixing it with a very very thin model aircraft ply backing to stop the mishape.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

made a start landscapeing creek fen farm tonight. got some hedgeing made and aroun the edges of the first part of the yard.

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

the hedgeing is 63mm by 38mm wood with course sawdust glued to it and sprayed with focus forest green fence treatment

then started positioning the buildings

010.jpg

011.jpg

next job will be to get the track leading to the yard down and gravel some of the yard. 

Loooks awesome to me mate, great effect on the sheds .. really reliastic. Have you ever thought of dabbing a circular sponge with white paint on it onto your back ground to make clouds? Would look good, great uyard coming together there  ;)

thanks farmernick, good idea for the clouds, been looking at the kind of backgrounds used on model railways but everything i find has hills in them and the fens are flat, only really used the blue paint to show up against the hedges  :)

It's all moving along very very well.  :)

thanks mate, made a start on gravelling the farm road ,firstly glued down a layer of budgie seed

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

then brushed over a thin layer of building sand to fill between the seed to try and give it a more used appearance

004-3.jpg

007-4.jpg

008-4.jpg

once i've finished the sand on the road and first part of the yard i'll seal it down with watered down pva glue and then get some weeds in along the road and around the edges of the yard.