Britains rams...not the 4 legged versions

FB

Question

is there a way of making them slightly 'tighter'???, the front of one of my old JCB loadalls is a bit loose and could do with being tighter.....no use on the building site like that ::)

6 answers to this question

is there a way of making them slightly 'tighter'???, the front of one of my old JCB loadalls is a bit loose and could do with being tighter.....no use on the building site like that ::)

Just slightly 'crimp' the outside of the ram on the plastic with a pair of pliers. Think thats the right word.  ;)

Just slightly 'crimp' the outside of the ram on the plastic with a pair of pliers. Think thats the right word.  ;)

yeah i know what you mean, did that years ago on an old version.....worried i'll cut it off :D :D :D

You could slightly bend the metal part of the ram, best place is right on the end of it, will make it very tight, the more you bend it the tighter the ram will move in the plastic tube ;)

i did some of mine a while back by removing the metal part, ,fixing them in a vice, and hamering the ends flat, so they form a small nail head type finish to them,not to much ,just to form a ridge round the end, wider than the hole,  seems to have worked ok