Fertiliser Spreading

jdc

Had a great day today spreading ammonium nitrate on  all the OSR, W. Barley and second wheats. No wind and sunshine (18 C)  :)

I ordered 75% of the fertiliser in 1 tonne bags and the balance in 600 kg bags.

They make filling the spreader a lot easier, and less plastic to dispose of.

One of the Renault at the end of the day.  8)

post-300-132638580449_thumb.jpg

post-300-132638580528_thumb.jpg

So John is the tank just left on from spraying :-\ ???

Yes. at the moment the 2 machines are off and on reguarly. The tank doesn't take much dropping off, but routeing the hoses is a pain, so it just stays on.

Is that a Vicon rotaflow spreader - the crops look nice and lush with you  ;)

Its a KRM EXW (Calibrator 2002!) Crops have moved on a lot this last week.

Phone pics of today in OSR.

post-300-132638581638_thumb.jpg

post-300-132638581644_thumb.jpg

Smart pictures John.What are you spraying on the OSR?

Cheers.

Just a bit of Folicur for Light Leaf Spot and a bit of growth reg. effect, and some mixed trace elements - Boron, Manganese, Copper, Iron, etc etc.  :)

The fields now have a yellowish colour....... :)

More lovely pictures John, very enjoyable. How are the crops looking this time of year?

I think in general things are looking well - but we haven't had any rain for nearly a month now so we'll need some soon.  :)

Oh it is a KRM - they are the same as the Bogballe which is very popular at home  ;)

Yep, Keith Rennie used to get them in red and put his stickers on - but I think they're all blue and  Bogballes now  :)

I think in general things are looking well - but we haven't had any rain for nearly a month now so we'll need some soon.  :)

Yep, Keith Rennie used to get them in red and put his stickers on - but I think they're all blue and  Bogballes now  :)

The one I used to used was a blue and yellow one but it still had KRM decals on, was brand new when we got it in 2004 and was one of the first in that colour scheme to be sold by the dealer, very accurate at all speeds, I used to go at 14kph with it. EX trend model :);)

Great pictures john ;D

How big capacity is your spreader john? And does your spreader have electronic shutters to control flow if you change speed? Just out of curiosity being quite a new spreader?

How big capacity is your spreader john? And does your spreader have electronic shutters to control flow if you change speed? Just out of curiosity being quite a new spreader?

It holds about 2300 kg of Nitrogen, so 2t is a nice fill with a little room to spare.

The shutters are controlled electronically via the control box which adjusts for speed and weight change. Just enter the desired rate/ha and after about 200 metres the machine has claibrated itself - a lazy man's machine.  ;D

With the Renault I spread at around 20 kph and it can cope with speed variations on hills and at headland turns.

Very interesting mate our amazone runs on a similar format alot easier? especially when your constantly varying speeds.  DO you have to do flow rates on it to program into the machine? just wondering if amazone and KRM (bogballe) run on similar method