MF35 Sowing

jdc

great pics john, good to see you useing her rather than being hiddrn away for shows and nothing else, what she was built for eh

I know she's old and restored but there's no reason why she shouldn't do some work to keep in trim - as someone said in another thread, sitting in a shed is not a good investment and also does them no good at all.  :)

I know she's old and restored but there's no reason why she shouldn't do some work to keep in trim - as someone said in another thread, sitting in a shed is not a good investment and also does them no good at all.  :)

What about a heated garage John  ???:-[

I saw a very rough 135 with Lambourn cab and Webb seeder on back pass along the N25 yesterday. Great to see the old'uns out working

Was that up my way Stan because if it was that's probably the one that sows our beet ;) ;)

I agree totally with what you are saying. I used to have a 1956 Grey Fergusonn TEF 20 which I think I bought back in 1982 / 1983 for ? 200 and the guy a vet gave me a a handful of notes back as a luck penny . ? 9.00 I recall so the net cost was ? 191. I restored this one and then laid it up at a friends in 1988 for many years. When I came to move it it was covered in bird droppings and the clutch stuck. Luckly got it freed by driving over a bumpy park (field). This saved a bunch of time by not having to split the tractor. I sold the tractor to a retired farmer including the mill loader for ? 800 back in 1996.  Sadly the man died and at his roup of vintage tractors and implements a few years ago the loader made ? 180 and the tractor made ? 2,600. The only thing he did was put on new tyres all round Goodyears and a fan belt. The motto is don't sell unless you have to. I was happy with the ?800 I got at the time and in fact it went towards buying and restoring my first Farmall cub.