A strange old Massey from the States....

Looks as if the pulley system is a balancer, to even the load between the two link arms. As for the draft system, mechanical lower link sensing, ahead of its time or what. Otherwise I think your spot on Marky , MF 85 was produced from 1958-1961 in the US.

This may sound like a Numpty statement again, but having the front wheels on long arms like that looks very weak? I would have thought there was a real danger of damage?

Does look a little weak Kev.... this one is a high row crop model though I think... It was a fairly new innovation of the time... kind of the "deluxe" model I think... hence it's on the front cover I guess... they did 2 types of tricycle as well I believe  :-\

Why did they always put an 'artists impression' on the cover and then photos inside?

Strange that John... all the brochures (well most of them) were the same... late 50's styling I guess  :-\ - Funny old world  ::)

I do love the "old styling" though... some... no ALL of my favourite brochures are from the late 50's / early 60's  ;D

Strange that John... all the brochures (well most of them) were the same... late 50's styling I guess  :-\ - Funny old world  ::)

I do love the "old styling" though... some... no ALL of my favourite brochures are from the late 50's / early 60's  ;D

You can give me all the rest then Mark  ;D ;D ;D