Indian Massey Ferguson tractor literature

Here's some literature scans of Massey tractors in India, they don't produce literature like we do in the west because most Indian farmers are illiterate, instead companies paint adverts on walls and rely on word of mouth to advertise their products.

This is the TAFE4410 which is based upon the old Massey 35 design. The original 35 is still available in India (as the TAFE30DI) but is seen as too small and weak in their machismo lead society. So I understand they redesigned the bodywork to give the product a "bigger" looking tractor to try and increase sales which I don't think has happened.

tafe4410frontfv7.jpg

Next up is the TAFE MF 241DI J which I believe is mechanically and aesthetically unchanged from the original Massey. The big black mass on the front is known as a "push bar" the owner will probably never use it but goes toward the machismo of the product, similar to the 90's craze of "bull bars" on SUV's over here.

tafemf241frontec5.jpg

I've got loads more of every manufacturer in India if anyone's interested but thought I'd put these up as I promised Marky them ages ago.

cheers Lee

Interesting indeed... many thanks for posting them Lee.. What have they done to the 35  :o :o :o :o - I don't like the look of that

As for the 241... looks great... interesting part about the "push bar" weight frame as well  :)

Are they still current products then Lee

Thanks for posting mate, very interesting indeed. Last year i went to India and travelled through an agricultural area, most farmers wouldn't be able to afford a tractor like that i would assume  :-\ :-\ And was interested in Tafe are they an Indian based company? I saw a few adverts in farmers trader and thought it was welsh  :D :D :-X Basically old Masseys  :) Once again thanks for posting Lee  ;)

Are they still current products then Lee

I believe so they also make many more models than the two above.

25DI (25 hp)

30DI Series (26 ? 30 hp)

MF 1035 Series (31 ? 40 hp)

MF 5245 Series (46 ? 50 hp)

5900 Series (50 hp+)

The 25 and 30 DI model being massey 35's.

Here's some pictures of the development of the 4410. It was designed by a guy who studied design at Coventry uni. Pictures taken from his portfolio site on coroflot http://www.coroflot.com/public/individual_set.asp?individual_id=92643&set_id=25396

tractorconcept2xf2.jpg

tractorconcept3zo7.jpg

tractorconcept4dl5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've just finished working for an Indian tractor company who wanted a new design direction for their tractors. The preliminary research went towards helping us understand the Indian tractor market, although the tractors are the same they are seen and dealt with very differently over there. My boss who at the time was in India consulting on another companies products, travelled over to the factory and was given a bundle of literature and a 1:20 model of one of the companies tractors. Although the literature was a great help much of it is in Hindi so a local doctor was roped in to translate. We gave the company a completely new design direction for their tractors which we believe is in keeping with indian design trends and we are awaiting their feedback.

I cant tell you who the company was because I am unsure about confidentiality issues and I have not been paid yet. ;)

If you want I'll start another thread and upload some other manufacturers literature, some of it is pure comedy especially the tractor endorsed by the wrestler.

Lee