Lawn forage harvester.

These came out in about 1968. Could be this years answer to the silage shortage. :DBrottMower.jpg Its a flail mower very similar to the Kidd in line forager. Leave your lawn for a few weeks and get your neighbours to do the same and there you have it, either zero graze your lawn or put the cuttings in the clamp. Seems a shame to waste it. There's a lot of grass verges around the towns and villages that could do with a trim. 

Seriously, if anyone wants to know more about this machine, there are about five pages of it that could be posted up if you wish. I've only ever seen a couple of these. They were the same colour as the bottom of the leaflet, sort of Terex green. ;)

Damn good job they do too, I used to cut an acre of grass with one of them up till a few years ago, had to be dry though or the chute would bung up. It didn't matter what was in the grass in the way of sticks or stones as it would munch through them as well, took a liking to my mates Dad's baseball cap as well ;D:D :D Well worth  the ?25 it cost me ;D

Thats great thanks for posting... looks like a well made and complex machine.. I wonder what they retailed for in 68  ???

Wouldn't mind a go on the driver thing myself  ;D

Fanny is up for clamp duty Mr datman  ;);D

Oh my God Marky, do I detect from your post that you have the hots for retro woman.  :P Wouldn't like to go out to her if it broke down, she looks like she could dismantle you with one arm tied behind her back. Take it from me, young man, they had lots of body hair in those days. :o;D

Seriously folks, I expect it didn't sell as well as it should, probably because it would have been expensive to produce.  I would imagine it worked very well. There are still some about I expect, and if they were as well built as they say then they should be restorable. Nice one Marky; you could modify one to side load and have a power operated chute. Maybe you could even fit a cab with air con and a CD player. Cor yeah, that would be great, wouldn't it?  ;D:D

dont think i would trust mrs tm on that, the devastation would be emense to say the least :D :D :D :D

When I bought my one it had a funny story to it, the previous owner had got rid of it after his wife lost control at speed and chewed up a rather nice young hedge with it ::):D :D :D :D

Hi chaps an girlies,

Have a look in the October 2006 TRACTOR AND MACHINERY on page132. Lo and behold, theres one for sale. I knew I'd seen one recently. Maybe the geezers still got it. Marky-----MARKY------------WHERE ARE YOU. Go an buy it cos its not that far away from you an you got loadsa money.

For those that haven't got the Mag, the listing is as follows:-

BROTT 20 FLAIL MOWER, 1940's :D, with original sprung seat, no grass collection bag, otherwise all complete. Dry stored and unused for 12 years, Seventy five quid :o (Go on Marky you can afford that!! Maybe it's the one body hair woman owned :D)

Tel. 01794 322426, mobile, 07977 723902, e mail, len.king1@btopenworld.com (Hampshire)  ;)

When I bought my one it had a funny story to it, the previous owner had got rid of it after his wife lost control at speed and chewed up a rather nice young hedge with it ::):D :D :D :D

i dont recon very much would survive infront of that at speed mate, intresting concept though, see the modern ones arround with a bag ect fitted to them,

Hi chaps an girlies,

Have a look in the October 2006 TRACTOR AND MACHINERY on page132. Lo and behold, theres one for sale. I knew I'd seen one recently. Maybe the geezers still got it. Marky-----MARKY------------WHERE ARE YOU. Go an buy it cos its not that far away from you an you got loadsa money.

For those that haven't got the Mag, the listing is as follows:-

BROTT 20 FLAIL MOWER, 1940's :D, with original sprung seat, no grass collection bag, otherwise all complete. Dry stored and unused for 12 years, Seventy five quid :o (Go on Marky you can afford that!! Maybe it's the one body hair woman owned :D)

Tel. 01794 322426, mobile, 07977 723902, e mail, len.king1@btopenworld.com (Hampshire)   ;)

Would love it... cheap as well... but I'm not near Hampshire.... I'm in Cambridgeshire... can anyone get it up to me for nothing please  ;D:-*:-*

Must have been bloody akward to drive craning your neck around like that all the time :o :o

I'm sure you wouldn't have to look round all the time when you were driving it, no more than you would a normal mower. I spect body hair woman could probably rotate her head 180 degrees any way, possibly 270 degrees and extend her neck ;D:D