Fendt 716 Vario with Netagco Reekie Reliance De-Stoner......

NewHolland2

martin thats set up comes from carnoustie.they used to plant heather prepacks tatties with my old boss john dowell of north mains of coninsith. they have 3 fendts i think one has a loader used to be fergie boys.

Cheers for the info Peter......I had no idea who they were......They've had two of the Fendts here so far (the 818 I posted a wee while back with the Bed-Former)......I've no idea whether they're planting tatties or carrots though...... :-\ :) :) ;)

Lovely pictures yet again Mart, getting better and better the new camera is certainly working a treat  :) Mart what is the normal colour scheme for Reekie? I don't know much about them but when i snapped a Reekie de-stoner it was red  :-\ :-\ Great pictures mate  ;)

Lovely pictures yet again Mart, getting better and better the new camera is certainly working a treat  :) Mart what is the normal colour scheme for Reekie? I don't know much about them but when i snapped a Reekie de-stoner it was red  :-\ :-\ Great pictures mate  ;)

Cheers mate......I'm liking the video feature too certainly adds a bit more excitement to snapping...... :D :D ;) ;)

Reekie machines were originally produced in Red (like the model you snapped and the 330SA De-Stoner also and the potato planters were silver metal 2 row models)......When they became part of the Netagco Group of companies (including other manufacturers such as Miedema and Rumpstad) all machines adopted the green colour scheme of Netagco (like the bunker/conveyor the carrot lads up here use)......

Hope that's of some use mate......Will dig out the link to the Netagco site for you too...... :) :) :);)

Cheers mate......I'm liking the video feature too certainly adds a bit more excitement to snapping...... :D :D ;) ;)

Reekie machines were originally produced in Red (like the model you snapped and the 330SA De-Stoner also and the potato planters were silver metal 2 row models)......When they became part of the Netagco Group of companies (including other manufacturers such as Miedema and Rumpstad) all machines adopted the green colour scheme of Netagco (like the bunker/conveyor the carrot lads up here use)......

Hope that's of some use mate......Will dig out the link to the Netagco site for you too...... :) :) :);)

Takes up one hell of alot of space though mate  ;) Learnt that the hard way  :D

Oh right thats quite interesting mate thanks very much for that and that would be great if you could mate  ;)

I know mate......I upload them to Youtube and then just delete them off the computer...... :D;)

The Netagco Reekie site no longer seems to exist but I found the Miedema site......

http://www.miedema.com/mm/view/1

I do have copies of most Reekie brochures as the head office is/was not far from me however I'm not sure if Reekie is still manufacturing kit after the Underhaug/Kverneland business supposedly took the Reekie designs and made machines for themselves......Perhaps someone would be able to clear this up please as I can only remember bits of the story relating to this?  :);)

Snapped this one tonight......They'd swapped the 818 for a 716 but still only the one lad doing it and he's going slower than I've ever seen a de-stoner go...... ::):o;) ;)

Maybe they are charging by the hour and not by the acre if he is going that slow to make the job pay better

I know mate......I upload them yo Youtube and then just delete them off the computer...... :D;)

The Netagco Reekie site no longer seems to exist but I found the Miedema site......

http://www.miedema.com/mm/view/1

I do have copies of most Reekie brochures as the head office is/was not far from me however I'm not sure if Reekie is still manufacturing kit after the Underhaug/Kverneland business supposedly took the Reekie designs and made machines for themselves......Perhaps someone would be able to clear this up please as I can only remember bits of the story relating to this?  :);)

You won't find a site relating to Netagco anymore Mart as they went belly up a couple of years back, got too big for their boots, I believe Reekie is a seperate company again now, possibly going as Scanstone but not sure on that one

Maybe they are charging by the hour and not by the acre if he is going that slow to make the job pay better

I think it's mechanical problems with the de-stoner mate as I was speaking to a farmer who lives beside the other field they were doing and he said the mechanic was out at it very often...... :-\ :-\ :-\ ;)

You won't find a site relating to Netagco anymore Mart as they went belly up a couple of years back, got too big for their boots, I believe Reekie is a seperate company again now, possibly going as Scanstone but not sure on that one

Cheers Gav......I never relaised Netagco went bust......Maybe Underhaug did get the rights to Reekie products eventually then as I'm sure I've seen Scanstone in relation to their products...... ??? ??? ;) ;)

Can't be certain on the Scanstone bit Mart, I only know about Netagco as they had a few other arms, Netagco Welvent done crop drying floors as we had one fitted and it was a load of trouble, they also got mixed up with Spaldings parts and workshop equipment, both of which are trading in their own right again now I believe

Can't be certain on the Scanstone bit Mart, I only know about Netagco as they had a few other arms, Netagco Welvent done crop drying floors as we had one fitted and it was a load of trouble, they also got mixed up with Spaldings parts and workshop equipment, both of which are trading in their own right again now I believe

Ah right......That makes sense Gav......I did wonder why the Miedema site seemed to have no mention of Netagco on it and the fact the new bunker the carrot lads had was only a "Miedema" as opposed to a "Netagco Miedema"...... :) :) :);)

I think it's mechanical problems with the de-stoner mate as I was speaking to a farmer who lives beside the other field they were doing and he said the mechanic was out at it very often...... :-\ :-\ :-\ ;)

Cheers Gav......I never relaised Netagco went bust......Maybe Underhaug did get the rights to Reekie products eventually then as I'm sure I've seen Scanstone in relation to their products...... ??? ??? ;) ;)

Isn't there still some wrangle going on over design rights between the firms even though 1 has folded. Think it was along the lines of ex staff of 1 firm taking designs and plans from that firm to the other firm when they changed, ( basically you stole our ideas ) or did they come to an agreement in the end about this ?

Isn't there still some wrangle going on over design rights between the firms even though 1 has folded. Think it was along the lines of ex staff of 1 firm taking designs and plans from that firm to the other firm when they changed, ( basically you stole our ideas ) or did they come to an agreement in the end about this ?

That's about as much as I heard mate but I'm sure it did go to court......I've also got a funny feeling the "Campmuir" ex Massey dealer had something to do with the Underhaug brand...... :-\ :-\ ;) ;)

nice pics, fendt 716 vario what a tractor, mine broke down tonight and had to be towed of the road into a farm yard. tractor with loader and twinaxle trailer towed by ?        a land rover.  i am sure reekie are now in lincolnshire.

Cheers mate...... :)

That could be possible I'll have to do a bit of digging...... :) :) ;)

Nice pics and video.  What are the small tanks for above the de-stoner?

Cheers mate......I'm not sure about the tanks......Gav do you know mate?  :) :) :);)