McCormick mistake?????????

Rick

Notice the cab on this replica...It is the new designed cab that McCormick is using on the new XTX........Now look at the next pic of the real MC and notice the difference in the cab....wonder what the story is .......Sorry for the lousy pic

the two cabs pictured are the same except for the roof, the UH version is the low profile cab, used where height in buildings is a problem. Popular variation in Europe that with all the manufacturers making low roff versions of their tractors. Sometimes it's just the roof sometimes the entire cab is lower. I think you'll find the XTX cab does not have B-posts, ie the doors go from front to back of the cab like NH TSA's etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Officially not any more no ,all had something to do with the C-IH & NH merger so C-IH stopped importing ?them,thats how McCormick came to be again , although a ?C-IH dealer imports them ?as C-IH officialy don`t anymore. All had something to do with the monopolys commision i think ( don`t quote me on that, got pulled up on some things i`ve said already & have escaped a numpty so far ! )

There`s quite a few sold around the Taunton /Langport area.

CNH don't sell Steyr in the UK as it's not as profitable as concentrating on CIH and NH, nothing to do with Europena competition commision, that was concerning the CIH Doncaster tractor plant and Italian Laverda combine factory. US trade commision forced the sale of Versatile tractor factory. Steyr tractors are badged as CIH CS and CVX tractors and NH TVT models. New Steyrs are available from Tunstall tractors, http://www.tunstalltractors.com Steyr also build some of the same models as Basildon.