demo claas

sparrow legs

my mate has this on demo for a few days, called at my house and picked me up, took me for a spin in it then let me drive back home, i wasnt a claas fan till now but it was great to drive, full cab suspension, indipendant front suspension, air brakes and 50k auto box :P not offten you drive a tractor towards a 30mph speed sight and make it flash ;D  the steering gets firmer the faster you travel, at low speeds its light, flat out its like a car.

auto box a bit jumpy without a load but id give it 8/10 overall

post-194-132638604605_thumb.jpg

post-194-132638604609_thumb.jpg

my mate has this on demo for a few days, called at my house and picked me up, took me for a spin in it then let me drive back home, i wasnt a claas fan till now but it was great to drive, full cab suspension, indipendant front suspension, air brakes and 50k auto box :P not offten you drive a tractor towards a 30mph speed sight and make it flash ;D  the steering gets firmer the faster you travel, at low speeds its light, flat out its like a car.

auto box a bit jumpy without a load but id give it 8/10 overall

What number was it Mike? ???

They are a nice tractor, we had one on loan where I used to work when one of the Renaults went down. The handy thing is that the auto box can be switched back to manual if desired with them unless they have changed it. The Hexa shift is a vast improvement on the old Quadrishift box they had in the previous models :)

its an  ares 697 atz just short or 200hp im told

gav, you could use the joystick to change up/down while in auto mode, helps setting off faster ;D  was strange getting into my jd 3040 this afternoon to do some flailing after driving the claas.

im told 4c missed a go on the claas ??? sure he will have a go over the weekend :D

its an  ares 697 atz just short or 200hp im told

gav, you could use the joystick to change up/down while in auto mode, helps setting off faster ;D  was strange getting into my jd 3040 this afternoon to do some flailing after driving the claas.

im told 4c missed a go on the claas ??? sure he will have a go over the weekend :D

Someone's speaking out of their rear end there, the 697 is only 140hp, It's one of their mid range tractors, the 836 like I used to have is the one thats just short of 200hp ;)

They are nice with the gears on the hand throttle, the only fault I found was there not being a clutch button on it which after driving an 836 for 3 years seemed strange as I'd got used to using the one on the gear stick at junctions :-\ Once you've been in a Renault/Claas it comes hard going back to any other make as I belive they have the best suspension of all the conventional tractors ;D

Incidently the 600 series is still a Renault, it was already designed and on the shop floor before Claas bought them out, the Axion is the first tractor wholey designed by Claas ;):)

you could be right on the hp gav, i aint a clue on claas tractors, all im going by is what the rep said :-\ seen as its a demo it could well be chipped ;) all i know is i could drive flat out at 50km were my jd would only do 15km due to rough roads!

That is not always a bad thing.If your doing alot of year round work with root crops eg:de-stoning,planting,spraying,harvesting then a lite tractor goes some way in cutting down compaction exp if you are driving down not always the same tram lines. :)