New Siku Ferguson Trailer

Here it is in the tipped position...

The first thing that struck me about this model is the weight... it's a fairly heavy piece and seems very well put together... I guess we have come to expect that from Siku really... so it's no great shock

post-292-132638605819_thumb.jpg

It seems to tip to the right angle... and the "ram" seems tight and well made as usual

Heres the rear view with the tailgate in the hinged down position... To lower the tailgate you just lift it off it's locating lugs and drop it down... Simple but effective

post-292-132638605824_thumb.jpg

Now for the ram... Ummm... not sure what to think about this really... not sure if the real thing had a bright red ram... possibly I suppose.... but lets agree it does look "purposefull" anyway... As I stated above... it goes up and down well... and in consertina's inside itself as well

post-292-132638605827_thumb.jpg

It's got a great "purposefull" looking hitch with a foot case into the chassis... This is a nice touch in my opinion... In actual fact... I should mention the chassis... it's well detailed.. well painted and looks like it will put up with the most punishing of carpet farmers

post-292-132638605835_thumb.jpg

Now the wheels... great detail and well sized as well... the tyres are well detailed and suit this model to a tee... Over all I'll give this model an 8/10.. I've marked it down two points for the plastic looking handbrake assembly and the bright red plastic ram  :-\

Having said that... I am pleased to have this model in my collection... great work Siku... as always  ;)

post-292-132638605836_thumb.jpg

I found the original brochure for this model... it was numbered the 717 trailer... and interestingly... it was a Massey Ferguson item... and not just a "Fergie" piece... for your enjoyment I will post the 4 pages of the brochure below...

post-292-132638605839_thumb.jpg

Nice report. (wish I had thought of doing that to increase my post count! :D :D)

MGU & I really think it is good too - same fault the plastic handbrake.

I like the higher sided version in the brochure though!

Nice report. (wish I had thought of doing that to increase my post count! :D :D)

MGU & I really think it is good too - same fault the plastic handbrake.

I like the higher sided version in the brochure though!

recon that could be done easy enough, i have a sclaledown in that set up ,by john

How about the hitch ring?  Does it fit in a Britains hitch ok or would it ned to be ground down to go on to a pickup hitch? ???

Lovely looking trailer though and at a sensible price. :PNever liked the hay ladders on the real thing though. The bales kept getting hooked on the upright bars and they weren't the best of things to fall on to. Ouch!!! :o :'(

Thanks Brian... are they not available in Germany then mate  :o :o :o

Not here in the north only seen and bought 1 Siku 2007 item to date they really are sluggish supplying normal toy/model shops.I could order them online from say Tyro but with small items cost is almost doubled with the postage

I have only had mine for one day and only just took it out of the box for a closer inspection. If I may have a little input about this model I would agree that it is well made and quite robust with a very good level of overall detail. The points that may knock it down a tad to the purist is, as said, the handbrake assembly being not that strong and plastic. The ring hitch is too thick to attatch to a 'period' tractor such as the Britain's MF135, Ford 5000 and earlier Majors with the clevice type drawbar with pin. The tailboard only just clips in the closed up position and could have done with the lugs locating in the sideboard notches a little deeper. The ram is very substantial and is two stage but apart from being red, why was it not painted grey?,seems to look a little fat but the strength of it probably compensates for this. I am sure that this model trailer will give those of us that build this type of thing ideas for future prodjects of the period. In conclusion, I will give it 9/10 for representation of the real thing and for build. 8/10 for the tailboard opperation. 5/10 for the hitch. 7/10 for the ram. To give a points rating for the handbrake would be a little unfair as metal would be easily broken whereas in the plastic form it has a little more 'give'.

Not here in the north only seen and bought 1 Siku 2007 item to date they really are sluggish supplying normal toy/model shops.I could order them online from say Tyro but with small items cost is almost doubled with the postage

Thats bad Brian.. I wonder why that is mate  ???:o

Great review Mr PowerRabbit  ;)

With the supply problem Marky I suppose its a question of who shifts the most gets them first.One question on the trailer Marky when its attatched to a tractor do you get a good turning circle with it or do,es it catch on the 3 point linkage arms.I find this is a usual problem with trailed implements/trailers