Another one for the classic (+ big girls!) fans: Baling in the Lower Rhine Area

still waiting for business:

Question - why do you use 4 wheeled bogies oppossed to 2 wheelers. Is it to carry more weight.? I have tried reversing with such a bogie and ended up in knots. Mind you I suppose practice makes perfection.

Don't know - I am just a farming and farm implement fan - not a farmer.

The blieve this small-scale farmer has no other trailer available - so there was no choice.

By the way, as far as I know, the strict weight consideration in the Uk (police!) are different here - we are allowed to transport far heavier loads on our trailers, in general.

By the way, the girl riding the tractor seems not to have any problems handling this trailer ...

Question - why do you use 4 wheeled bogies oppossed to 2 wheelers. Is it to carry more weight.? I have tried reversing with such a bogie and ended up in knots. Mind you I suppose practice makes perfection.

RDF , why have the bale elevation supports on the baler if it wasn't going to be attatched to a trailer ? seems like a long way for the bales to fall only to be thrown up to the trailer  by hand again ?

She's driving a JD ... explains everything really  ;D

Pwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwtttttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Nice pictures. Good to see the different methods of farming around the world.

RDF , why have the bale elevation supports on the baler if it wasn't going to be attatched to a trailer ? seems like a long way for the bales to fall only to be thrown up to the trailer  by hand again ?

because this fenced field was too small to have the trailer attached to the baler; you could hardly make a full turn there with just the baler attached to the tractor. However, as business was continued today on a larger field, where the elevator could really be used according to its purpose, the farmer seemed not to be keen too much on removing and then assembling the elevator again just for a dozen bales. However, the quality of the bales was not effected by falling three metres down to earth and the "horse family" seemed not to mind some physical work.