Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're lazy, everyone gets filled by the forager driver here.

I expected better from you luke :D :D  Nah joking always when done silage you fill your self helps when carting off combines as i've never known a combine driver yet that fills you  :D :D  Interesting how it's different in different areas :)

Like with the combine driver, the forager driver has enough to do. Pete plays with his (oooh err missus) spout and flapper and makes adjustments as and when but by and large we leave him to concentrate and following the ground and watching for stones, timber and other blade bangers.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the forager driver should fill the trailer, he has a better view especially near the back board, and besides, the spout is attached to the forager not the tractor! Nice photos by the way ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure where I got to with the lorries. I have plenty more silage ones but you have seena fair few so I'll claas them as less important for now and stick some trucking ones up. Firstly, a couple of drives I had a while ago.

Daf 95XF belonging to Brian Rayner contracted to TNT.

(posted on it's own as it is seperate to the rest  ;) )

post-227-13263881354_thumb.jpg

Now on with the tippers, have been on them for about three weeks now. Different job each week and a different lorry as well so nice to keep the variation in it all. Started out with this Volvo FH12, 460hp and a manual box. Pulled well but it only does local work so it was a bit shabby. . and problems were to come!! Was trunking sand from a sand quarry near Frome up to a concrete block plant in Calne.

Tipping and self loading from the batching plant.

post-227-132638813554_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638813564_thumb.jpg

Archived