Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I left this farm and went back down to Devizes to help the other team out as they were getting bogged down due to the weather being against them. ..  trouble is after one day this happened. ..  Oh the summer we had  :o::)

post-227-132638924866_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638924888_thumb.jpg

Two photos from the next farm, south of Bristol and this is a very very tidy duchy farm. The farmer is trying out his new stubble cultivator to see if it will incorporate the sludge, looks like it is doing a good job. John is spreading in the second field in the foreground.

A regular sight in the Bath and Bristol area.

post-227-132638925025_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638925074_thumb.jpg

The monitor for the spreader now. In the first pic you can see the wieght in the hopper and the amount in tonnes spread so far. As the wieght decreases, the amount increases. It is measured though the four wiegh cells and the information is live - updated constantly not after each load.

The second pic shows the average rate at the top and the spot rate underneath in tonnes/hectare. In my last reply showing my cab you may see a small swith behind the spool levers. Every time you turn on the headland or shut the bed off (ie after each load), you have to turn this off. Otherwise it contiues to update the average becuase the wheel sensor is still reading the wheel as it turns but no wieght change is taking place because you are not spreading so your rates drop giving you an inaccurate reading.

We were aiming ofr 24t/ha.

post-227-132638925157_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638925203_thumb.jpg

The Command Centre which offers a multitude of display options of engine revs, pto gear, pto revs, fuel, time, tempreture, area monitors, tramline bouts. ...  hardly any of which we needed really so we kept to the main functions of Speed, HP Boost reading, fuel, engine revs, pto speed and tempreture.

Looking down the rows in a wheat stubble field after it has been spread, pretty fine wouldn't you say? Lime cake always spreads better than the thick black digested cake.

post-227-132638925283_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638925336_thumb.jpg

The next farm between the Bath and Bristol junctions of the M4 (18 and 19) and north of the motorway was a big job. Most farms have between 500 and 1500 tonnes. Or they have up to 5000t but spread as each crop is hrvested so we visit them up to four times a season.

Not this farm, 5000t to spread in one hit and we were given two and a half days. It didn't happen needless to say but we did do it in three and a half  ;D

Early starts and late finishes though.

post-227-132638925493_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638925536_thumb.jpg

A 6?20 cultivating a field after drilling with a home made min-till train. McConnel Shakerator, twin ring press and then a roller. Wasn't too bad speed wise really either.

7800 working around another pylon.

Like with Erik and Bas' photos with the big wind turbines there is something about big industrial things with farm machinery working around them that makes good photos I think.  :)

post-227-13263892574_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638925764_thumb.jpg

Last few now, late afternoon/early evening spreading near Aust. The Severn Bridge in the background and the tower of Aust church in the centre.

Looking a little further south and the Second Severn Crossing spans a wider part of the river as the sun reflects off the water below.

(Thanks Malcy_p for the tips  ;)  )

post-227-132638926352_thumb.jpg

post-227-1326389264_thumb.jpg

Well, on with the show. When I finished up with the spreading and I went on with a friend of mine who is running his own business and now and gradually taking on the work from his two uncles.

Maize  :) Missed half of it die to having to lay turf for Tracis' dad and during thsat time the TM155 was that stuck, it took two Jag 840's and a County to drag it out . .. .  and I missed it  :o:(

Anyways, here we go.

post-227-132638931354_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638931383_thumb.jpg

Archived