Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Well well well!

What a brilliant thread! Took me a while looking through that, catching up with things of late! You've had a brilliant time if I don't say so myself, those spreading shots with the pylons and the sunset shots are great!

Now i've caught up on the diary of Tris I can sleep easy now!

Seems you enjoyed your summer mate  :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got some contracting pics to put up including dung, mowing and power harrowing, some trucking pics including Scanny V8 and Daf and some log processing but just ain't got them off my phone yet as the bluetooth is up the creek.

Yeah, a great summer Luke. Just done my comparison of earnings, first 6 months of last year compared to first 6 months of this tax year. . ..  ;D Hope it continues!!

Got some contracting pics to put up including dung, mowing and power harrowing, some trucking pics including Scanny V8 and Daf and some log processing but just ain't got them off my phone yet as the bluetooth is up the creek.

Yeah, a great summer Luke. Just done my comparison of earnings, first 6 months of last year compared to first 6 months of this tax year. . ..  ;D Hope it continues!!

come on where are they  :P::);):D :D :)

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update as to what I have been upto with one of the guys I am working for. We do a bit of wood if there is not much else on, otherwise he and his Dad do it on a Saturday. With wood hard to get in at the moment the offer of some ash from a coppice being thinned out was greatfully taken up. It is already cut into cords just down the road so we take the processor and am 8t Webcox down and when she is full we come home. Usually three cord per trailer or so.

post-227-132639007609_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639007652_thumb.jpg

The girls in the yard, the TM150 belongs to Petes' uncle (A TM140 belongs to the other uncle) and the 8360 (along with an 8340, 8560 and now a TM165) belong to Pete.

His uncles hedgetrimmer going off to TH Whites as it has been sold now that the company has changed hands from the uncles' business to Pete and his fathers'.

post-227-132639007979_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263900803_thumb.jpg

Then it was onto some dung with the 8360 and a hired in Richard Western D10. This was for another friend of mine, it's a small world when you are working with the people who you're normally out getting leathered with!  :D Organic beef herd here split between two farms, this being the one that is rented.

post-227-132639008119_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639008151_thumb.jpg

Apart from one wet patch that had frosted over  >:( It took more than the best efforts of the farmer with his 6400 loader to get me out. Ended up opening the door right up and dumping the load where it was. Unhitching the 8360 and being pulled out - just. Then hitching back on at an angle, digging the ground out infront of the bogged spreader wheel, chaining back infront with the 64 and going at it hammer and tongs! She came out eventually and the farmer, to my surprise apologised for the wet spot!  ???:D

post-227-132639008475_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639008526_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, thought some activity for you to see on a Monday morning would be well appreciated :)

That processer takes logs up to 12in diametre without fuss and you can adjust the cut length from 8in to 14in I think. The splitter is four way but you can raise it so smaller logs can be split into two underneath the horizontal blade. Or for even smaller logs you can take the splitter out. The blade I think is tungsten tipped. It is pto driven at 430rpm with electro hydraulics providing power for the ram and switches through the 7 pin lighting socket. Elevator folds vertical for road transport. Superb little bit of kit, ex demo two years ago for 4k or so.

Wait untill you see the one at the other place I work. . . . ;) It's a giant.

Thanks guys, thought some activity for you to see on a Monday morning would be well appreciated :)

That processer takes logs up to 12in diametre without fuss and you can adjust the cut length from 8in to 14in I think. The splitter is four way but you can raise it so smaller logs can be split into two underneath the horizontal blade. Or for even smaller logs you can take the splitter out. The blade I think is tungsten tipped. It is pto driven at 430rpm with electro hydraulics providing power for the ram and switches through the 7 pin lighting socket. Elevator folds vertical for road transport. Superb little bit of kit, ex demo two years ago for 4k or so.

Wait untill you see the one at the other place I work. . . . ;) It's a giant.

Cheers Tris, any pics of that bigger one  ;D

Archived