Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, didnt think of that, you being a bigger operation than the farmer sort of thing

In a nutshell mate. We could have just had the farmer pull the hired in trailer but then you run the risk of damage being done to a machine belonging to a customer so we prefer to use any hired kit. Saves a lot of hassle. :)

Ok Tris you have upset me :'( i just like to see what scrap your working with, thats not including the John deere loadall. :D;)

nothing scrap about them fordys, kept lovely and clean so they are, what a silage/maize fleet should look like  :P :P although tris should have an albutt  8) 8)

Great pictures Tris. The one at night on the pit is realy great. I think you tried toget the " flash" not on the tractor but on the pit. Why hookup the trailer behind the harvester and not driving behind the harvester?

Also nice ploughing work you did.

Texas

Great pictures Tris. The one at night on the pit is realy great. I think you tried toget the " flash" not on the tractor but on the pit. Why hookup the trailer behind the harvester and not driving behind the harvester?

Also nice ploughing work you did.

Texas

its probably because our fields are nowhere near as big as the fields you have over there bas, so having the trailer hooked up to the forager will make it easier to operate in the tighter space and it also saves fuel, someone else has probably got a much better answer but thats mine :)

Well UF, the driver said it bruddy went likea tornado jet! He was turning into a lane between the houses and nearly went straight into the house. The TM155 I am on did similar while on a baler driven by its owner.

I asked Bas and this is the preferred way. We can't drop the front of the trailer to catch the maize easier and the forager driver hit the back of a forager when he was trailering a few years ago which put him off. It was so dry this year we could have used GINAF's! ;D

No fuel saving as the tractor still has to follow on behind. It does mean headlands take longer due to trailer swapping.

Archived