One for the financially minded MF Fans

Got this the other day... It's 40 pages long and has all the facts & figures on Massey Ferguson's world wide operation for 1972... a really interesting read... it expalins the management structure and even details some "new products" for 1972.

If anyone wants a copy then send me a PM with your email addy on... I will mail it to you from work on Monday  ;)

That pic on the cover is a 185 at the Perkins factory sound test chamber... also new for 1972  ;)

post-292-132638611315_thumb.jpg

I remember the sound room at coventry when we went on a visit

in 1990

they where showing the warehouse trac system

it was quite by todays standards and that goes for the

whole plant

Its shame that doncaster ,coventry ,and the old marshall works

arnt still up and running

how long before we loose basildon  :-[:-[ :-[:-[

Not stupid at all Nicole...

In 1972 ALL sorts of new regulations were coming out about noise... Massey Ferguson were having to supply ear defenders to meet regualtions on their existing flexicab.... so GREAT pains were being endured to make tractor cabs a quieter place to be...

As for the orange blocks... they are foam blocks... designed not to reflect any noise off the walls mate

That makes two of you then Mandy... you...... and Barry  ::);D

Personally... I can flipping stand him myself  :(

:D :D Thankyou Mandy  ;) I like you loads already just been reading your holly farm topic  :-*:-*

And bignose could you explain ' I can flipping stand myself '  :D :D

Not stupid at all Nicole...

In 1972 ALL sorts of new regulations were coming out about noise... Massey Ferguson were having to supply ear defenders to meet regualtions on their existing flexicab.... so GREAT pains were being endured to make tractor cabs a quieter place to be...

As for the orange blocks... they are foam blocks... designed not to reflect any noise off the walls mate

Nick to you  :D :D :D

Hmm.. thats very interesting do they still have them today? So are they just to measure the amount of noise and the main places where sound is coming from and therefore fixing the problem?  :-\

Nick to you  :D :D :D

Hmm.. thats very interesting do they still have them today? So are they just to measure the amount of noise and the main places where sound is coming from and therefore fixing the problem?  :-\

I'm not really sure to be honest NICK... I would guess that modern noise meters have overtaken he need for such rooms now mate... I think they were measuring the noise emmisions from the whole tractor at that time.... but I guess they would take sounds measurements all over the tractor.. There was a real rush at that time to meet changing regulations of driver comfort/safety...

It has to be said I have very little knowledge though mate.. perhaps a better informed member will put us both right mate