Castle Fraser Steam & Vintage Fair - Kemnay Aberdeenshire Sat & Sun 23/24 June

BC

I've just looked at the BBC web page for the forcast and Saturday is forecast to be heavy rain and Sunday sunny intervals. I think I may well just take the one tractor now my 1957 Nuffield DM 4 and leave my Farmall cub at home and keep her nice and clean for Glamis Castle show on the 8th July.

Unfortunately it was a drizzly day all day Saturday but the show went ahead. The heavens opened around 3.30 pm on the Saturday and it rained all night. The organisers had to take a view and the one taken was to cancel the event for Sunday in the interest of safety and damage to the grounds.

A telescopic crab steer manitou forklift did an excellent job hauling the artics and steam engines on to the hard road.

post-839-132638615009_thumb.jpg

that was a shame it had to be cancelled, there were tractors pulling cars out of the car parks at the highland show as well.

Just as well we took the 4x4 to the Highland Show as we wouldn't have made it out with the car on Saturday when we left  ;D. It chucked it down most of the morning and brightened up in the afternoon but was soaked to skin in morning  :(