MY PARLOUR/DAIRY UPDATES

farmermarshall

don't want to seem thick but whats the things getting fixed to the wall fm , are they feeder units or something, you will have to excuse me as i am a townie ::) (with the heart of a country lad, god damm i wish i was brought up on a farm :'()who has never been inside a dairy, but am really interested as to what goes on inside a dairy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes the do look like feeders.

The dairy farm i worked on had a loft directly above the parlour where the nuts were stored and could select what amount of nuts to give each cow depending on their milk yield!

Nice pics FM!

PS FM, do you have the automatic cluster removal system?

• 2 weeks later...

A question what was the reason for the feedingsysteem in parlour. My experience is that the cows are more relaxed during milking when they don't get feed in the parlour.

Texas

a good question Texas but i feed in the parlour for a few reasons

-so that individual cows can get feed better at grass

-so that all cows get adequate magnesium supplement every day

-we use a feeder wagon in the winter not all cows get feed there optimium level so parlour feeders do that

a good question Texas but i feed in the parlour for a few reasons

-so that individual cows can get feed better at grass

-so that all cows get adequate magnesium supplement every day

-we use a feeder wagon in the winter not all cows get feed there optimium level so parlour feeders do that

Thanks for the answers farmermarshall.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yes the do look like feeders.

The dairy farm i worked on had a loft directly above the parlour where the nuts were stored and could select what amount of nuts to give each cow depending on their milk yield!

Nice pics FM!

PS FM, do you have the automatic cluster removal system?

thats the same as ours but we used to put cake in them ,my job was to rake the cake about after milking to make the cake leval so all the troughs had enough  cake and when milking my job was on the computer at the bottom of the pit clicking the amount of cake to give the cow, but we finnished milking about 2 yrs ago now  :'( i miss milking  :'(

• 1 month later...

just saw this topic i like to see what other farmers are dooing we put in an 8000 litre muller milk tank 2 years ago. nice parlour there ours was put up in the early 70's as an 8 point to milk 40 cows and now were running 130 through it takin 3 hours to wash and all. were buying at a new 16 point at the min, but there not cheap :'(

• 2 weeks later...