MY PARLOUR/DAIRY UPDATES

farmermarshall

There's a pound or two spent!! Seems alot of farmers round her are putting in bigger tanks!

Noel, there is a fully automatic parlour beside me (I'm talkin 20 foot away from back door) Farmer has two herds of cows, seems to work well, take it you now want pictures!!  :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lovely tank stephen

thanks cowboy

There's a pound or two spent!! Seems alot of farmers round her are putting in bigger tanks!

Noel, there is a fully automatic parlour beside me (I'm talkin 20 foot away from back door) Farmer has two herds of cows, seems to work well, take it you now want pictures!!  :D

oh aye paul get us a few pictures mate i might change my mind yet  :-\

I'm guessing you get paid more for your milk if the collection is bigger?? Less transport costs etc......... Either a bigger herd or collections every other day instead of daily?

Is that twice or 3 times a day??

A guy I went to his school with and his brother are dairy farmers and they put up a large new milking parlour and shed the year of the foot and month. Evertyone thought they were mad. It is a fully automated system and the cows don't go outside the fodder is taken into them. The milking is automatic and no-one need be there. If anything goes wrong they are phoned on the house phones or mobiles ( but not by the cows personally)

Is that the Stevensons that were Classic Tractor about 2 years ago  ???

this is my existing parlour have been milking in here since 1978 just well ready for a whole new makeover very soon

Oh that brings back old memories farmermarshall. That just looks the same as a friend of mines dad had back around then. I remember that opening ram for the exit gate its exactly the same. The only difference I would say was they had the "milk bottle" down below where the cows stood.

ah rite. cause i used to work for people that fit parlours, doesnt matter but, hope you will have happy milkings! :)

Just curious here, as you're 14, exactly how much work did you do for them ::):D;)

Guest Powerdozer

Nice pictures there Stephen i like looking at parlours just something about them i suppose,  Delaval do some of the best parlours i reakon got loads of info on parlours love them.

• 2 weeks later...