MY PARLOUR/DAIRY UPDATES

farmermarshall

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we milk about 250 at the moment ;)

Is that twice or 3 times a day??

A guy I went to his school with and his brother are dairy farmers and they put up a large new milking parlour and shed the year of the foot and month. Evertyone thought they were mad. It is a fully automated system and the cows don't go outside the fodder is taken into them. The milking is automatic and no-one need be there. If anything goes wrong they are phoned on the house phones or mobiles ( but not by the cows personally)

Is that twice or 3 times a day??

A guy I went to his school with and his brother are dairy farmers and they put up a large new milking parlour and shed the year of the foot and month. Evertyone thought they were mad. It is a fully automated system and the cows don't go outside the fodder is taken into them. The milking is automatic and no-one need be there. If anything goes wrong they are phoned on the house phones or mobiles ( but not by the cows personally)

only twice a day its not economical for 3 times

never get any work done

cheers

Reece

a FULLY AUTOMATIC SYSTEM, ahhhh that would be a dream!!!

I worked on a dairy farm that milked about 120 cows twice daily, i was so happy to see the new automatic cluster removal system put it, redcued work load! im just trying to imagine a fully automatic system....  anyway we milked six cows each side but could milk all 12 at once! Managed to get a milking done in 90 min's including washing parlour!

i though that was not too bad back then, about 10 years ago! How times change!!!

wow thats some nice pic

but thats a small vat

we have a 8400liter vat at work and we over filled it the other day ha ha!

it just holds over 5000L but its big enough for milk collection every other day at the minute........

how many cows do you milk?

only milk about 80 cows

Great pics... and very interestng... thanks for sharing...

A few questions if I may...

How much is a tank like that ???

I see a condensor unit on the truck.... is it refridgerated in that tank ???

Is the tank Stainless Steel or galv ???

What was wrong with the old tank  ???

Why am I so blooming nosey  ???:D :D

Got something to do with sticky your nose in! :D :D

a tank like that would cost about ?12,000 -?16,000 denpending on spec....,made from stainless steel ,the old tank barely held one days milk + i had it 20yrs and yes it is refridgerated in the tank as well

are you getting plate cooler stephen or did you put one in as well ,this week i have been taking an old parlour out a small herringbone got to concrete the pit in tommorow then make the building vermin proof ??? ??? and his idea is to put a dx tank like yours but a bit bigger 180 cows at moment i will get some pics tommorow  ;)

are you getting plate cooler stephen or did you put one in as well ,this week i have been taking an old parlour out a small herringbone got to concrete the pit in tommorow then make the building vermin proof ??? ??? and his idea is to put a dx tank like yours but a bit bigger 180 cows at moment i will get some pics tommorow  ;)

have the plate cooler in now as well Graham parlour to get a major refurishment in the next few weeks we intend to start thanks Graham................

it cost a bloomin fortune to make ice for the bulk tanks we had on the farm.

The farmer that i worked for had his own well, got the water tested and then piped to the parlour, then we fitted a big round stainless steel tank on the wall which had a massive coil pipe which the cold well water went through, the milk then ran through it, as and when each cow was milked and that cooled the milk a good bit, reducing the amount of time the bulk tank was going

don't know the exact specifics, but it worked well!!!

post up some pics of your parlour, before and after the refurb.

Noel