Graham's Work

graham

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pictures again Graham........ :)

There was a RedRock used for carrot covering operation up here a year or so back........Anyone know if they are still made?   :)

Of course they are factory can just keep up im told  ;)

it looks the nuts of a loader they have had a good number of years,

not sure what picture you are talking about texas but no rubber on the floor all walking lanes are cleaned with tractor and scraper,

it is a large building tris 350 cubicles , hospital cubicles , bull pens , dry cow yards , bulling heifer yard, parlour and office , under one roof the farmer came second in the farmers weekly dairy farmer of the year competition nice place would make a great model .

it was not all built the same time tris , he must of had a plan how he wanted it i went there about 12 years ago there was some of the buildings there then, but he was milking in a herringbone parlour know got the rotary , few more from this week hope it is not getting boaring

DSCF2716.jpg

DSCF2717.jpg

DSCF2718.jpg

that last one for mjb  ;) he knows the firm deano was the driver marcus you may know him

DSCF2721.jpg

DSCF2723.jpg

DSCF2724.jpg

DSCF2725.jpg

DSCF2726.jpg

DSCF2727.jpg

no feeder wagon here they take the feeder trailers to the clamp and then take them back to the cows

DSCF2730.jpg

DSCF2733.jpg

DSCF2734.jpg

DSCF2735.jpg

DSCF2736.jpg

DSCF2737.jpg

DSCF2739.jpg

DSCF2740.jpg

it looks the nuts of a loader they have had a good number of years,

not sure what picture you are talking about texas but no rubber on the floor all walking lanes are cleaned with tractor and scraper,

it is a large building tris 350 cubicles , hospital cubicles , bull pens , dry cow yards , bulling heifer yard, parlour and office , under one roof the farmer came second in the farmers weekly dairy farmer of the year competition nice place would make a great model .

I meant the large building with the dairy cows Graham also thanks for the answer. But don't use dairy farmers rubber on the walking lanes in the UK? Because when you have rubber on the place where the cows stand at the feedbarrier, the cows will be there longer eathing. Because concrete can hurt there hoofs and on the rubber they have soft place to stand.

Texas

the mainitou does have a bit of a hard time , i think it gets very dusty as they put a simba spread a bale on the front and add lime to the bales as it spreads them dust everywhere,

i only know of one farm what i go two that has rubber on where the cows stand i expect we will catch up with you soon texas ;)

that was the first thing i said to the patten driver tris you ghanged colours but i think he said that is the only one in silver they have , when i turned 21 many years ago all i wanted to do was drive lorrys , my first lorry was a seddon atkinson day cab on a wilcox tipping trailer 180 gardner engine blimey vans are that now :-\ and when tipping in the mills use t  to know some of the patten drivers ,took that lorry up to aberdeen twice with loading arms on for oil rigs and brought back seed potatoes used to be away all week on that run  :o

it was a long time ago mate i did get a volvo f7 with sleeper cab yippie do , it would have to be a toplline today mate  one of my boys come home the other night and he told me he see a black topline 640 hp what a dream to drive i should think, god it was cold in that seddon in the winter when you woke up and hot in summer sleeping on that engine i slept on the trailer one night in norwich lorry park just to hot, iam not sure if they was happy days :D

Graham I see where you get all your ideas for the buildings from great pics mate

the silage clamp on the farm looks identical to the one on your layout.

thanks for sharing the pics with us mate.

the cows on the loose housing are the milkers robert the farm has a fair arcerage of cearals so they have plenty of straw ,but most i see are in cubicles ,

i do get a lot of ideas of the farms mike they are mostly in kent and sussex some a bit further a way.

2 things

1 nice pics

2 how come they are allowed to store fert and straw that close together as we arnt allowed to store it neer any othe flamable products and we also have to lock it away so the terrosists cant steal it

(will remove the bit that is in italics if not apropriate)

Archived