Graham's Work

graham

i havent cerin but my brother in law was there last night doing a milk pump seal he got called out as they milk three times a day the last milking starts at 21.oo hours he left the farm at half nine last night , i think they are  having a large building put up in the spring for all the straight feed stuff as they had a bulk bin collapse a couple of months ago crashed down on the cubicle building i was there the next day but camera had flat batts would of made some nice pics it was a mess there

thats not good about the bulk bin

annyoing about the camra batts but it happen to alot

i going to see if i can down around that area when im in sussex next

anyway great pics liking the jh ford trailers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tris we never clad the second barn but have been on the first building , the lads that done the first building cracked on they are driving combines now in australia they do that every year they was saying , we have some big steel frame buildings coming up one is for 500 cows and rotary parlour planning all in so come spring should be starting that but there will be a nominated builder for that but i will get some pics ;)

• 2 weeks later...

great pictures Graham ;)

how are those SAME Silvers treating you?

Graham was just doing work at the farm mate, doesn't work there as a farm worker.  ;) 

Buckinghamshire, eh? Getting a bit firther a field now then. Southampton not too long ago wasn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

cheers tris reading today mate ,been replacing track which the automatic slurry scrapers run on they wear outdue to the cows being bedded on sand they said there is 80ton of it in the beds ,so it just wears the track out like grinding paste when mixed with the slurry , also pick of the van

DSCF3539.jpg

DSCF3541.jpg

DSCF3542.jpg

DSCF3543.jpg

camera does not take very good pics the ones in the buildings a bit dark but the place is very nice well looked after

why sand then graham? not heard of that method before

it is good that bugs can not live in it sean good for herd health ,

What a cracking farmyard! Very modern. A couple more miles Graham and I could have met you in Marlborough for a perv drink at the well to do establishments!!  ;):D

funny you should say that tris the fella in the pics when he works at wynsdyke farms he stays overnight in marlbrough so maybe one day we could do that ;)

nice pics graham , keeping busy then  :)

we used to bed our cubicles with sand  :) but when we gave up milking about 5 years ago we changed to straw and about a year ago we changed to wood chip  ,very good too keeps the cows alot cleaner  :)

i got some pics of the new parlour at college  if you want to see them graham  ;) its an alfa level  :)

Great pictures Graham. Sand is indeed the best for bedding. Did they seperate the sand at the end off the barn from the liquid manure?

On the dairy where i worked we had also sand. The beds where cleaned 3 times a day, and 1 once in 2 weeks we spread some new sand with a manure spreader into the beds.

Texas

Great pictures Graham. Sand is indeed the best for bedding. Did they seperate the sand at the end off the barn from the liquid manure?

On the dairy where i worked we had also sand. The beds where cleaned 3 times a day, and 1 once in 2 weeks we spread some new sand with a manure spreader into the beds.

Texas

yes barry all seperated out then liquid stored in to large above ground tanks

• 3 weeks later...

few pics of what i have been doing , building and parlour ready ,got the auger s for out of parlour feeders to put in and electric backing gate in collecting yard ,200 milking cows moving in january 20th they are walking them down the road about two mile from old farm to this place should be fun  ;)

DSCF3606.jpg

look hes hit the space boarding already numpty  :-\

DSCF3607.jpg

DSCF3608.jpg

yellow manitou not sure what that is all about

DSCF3619.jpg

rapid exit parlour that we have got to service boumatic naver worked on them before

DSCF3620.jpg

nice grainstore i thought

it will soon be a bit different adam ,the silo is the actual grain drier adam all the grain passes through it while hot air is drying it  ;)

it sounds a bit of a roedo to me matty i should think the heifers will be off :o :o

few more

DSCF3621.jpg

load of sawdust for bedding the cows

slurry seperator like farmer marshalls seperates about ten ton every 24 hoursof solid s

DSCF3622.jpg

liquids going in the tank

DSCF3623.jpg

the fella that i was putting the scraper track in with installed the system as well as the scrapers in the passageways

DSCF3624.jpg

DSCF3626.jpg

DSCF3627.jpg

Archived