MF 168

nashmach

What a gem Colm... many thanks for posting... I will gladly drive that in ANY month - I think the problem you would have would be getting me off it  :D :D ;D

She looks to be in good condition as well Colm... do you know the lady's history... did the present owner have it from new  ???

No Mark, she was originally a UK tractor and imported some time in the late 1970's. No Multi Power either which is a rare spec for these. The owner's son now only looks after the tillage side and so this one does little actual work apart from driving around the roads looking at what the neighbour's are doing :D :D.

Reliability wise she hasn't fared as good as our Fords  ;D, she had the engine reconditioned about 7 years ago and the whole power steering system done too for ?700 but it still wasn't a success  :(. She has also snapped in 2 a few times and the whole front axle was reconditioned recently. Her old rear rims are in Africa as he swapped them for these weighted ones ;)

Oh dear Colm... that makes for some pretty grim reading mate  :o

I know a lot of loader tractors did suffer from early steering failure... Masseys did offer two types of axles for theses tractors... and standard and a heavy duty version I believe  :-\

Oh dear Colm... that makes for some pretty grim reading mate  :o

I know a lot of loader tractors did suffer from early steering failure... Masseys did offer two types of axles for theses tractors... and standard and a heavy duty version I believe  :-\

He only uses for loading straw for as long as I can remember - he blames the pick up hitch for one split and lifting too heavy of implements for the rest :(.

We always told him stick to Ford's or his favourite air cooled Deutz's  ;D