Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what did you use for the grass

I got the grass from a pal of mine who owns a garden landscape biz it's used for making green displays in garden centres, it's like Astro turff it's great stuff as it's a little bit more heavy duty than the modellers grass mats so it's easi to shape. It's expensive stuff to buy and it only comes in 50 metre lenghts by 2 metres.

Nice detail with it being an undulated surface bud. Massey looks really nice out there rolling some new ley.  8)

I just used PVA glue to bond the grass mat with the aeroboard so it takes the shape of the landscape well, in the last pic you can see a slight indentation where there is going to be a small grass track. A few trees and hedges and some coarse grass and I think it'll do.

• 2 weeks later...

Well no forum for a few days so had to keep myself busy :) Here's the layout with all the grass matting laid out over the landscape. this is now about it the overall size of the layout, it's mad I know ;D ;D I just have to add a few trees now and do a few lanes and fencing. I'm alos laying out a ploughed field off to one side it's not in this pic, it's just out of view to the right. The silage field is over to the left it can be covered in with some green matting to cover the cut area.

post-77-132638725384_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638725387_thumb.jpg

Archived