Silaging in Cheddington, Buckinghamshire.

FW

Well I got up this morning and popped down there on the 434 at 7 this morning to see that the fairy's had worked their majic in the night with  the wrapping, ::) (well a fairy in the form of a Massey and KV Wrapper ::)). So we got the bale trailers ready and we got the bales moving by 11, with me in the field with the Case 885 LP with Quicke loader and McHale ABT Handler which ran like a dream all day on tick over. We then had my Grandpa in the yard stacking on the Merlo and one of the South African's on my 5130 shuttling trailers, but I also took a few loads back when they were running slow to keep up and I reckon we had 10 ish loads out, finnished but 4.30 this afternoon and it's a good job done.

As ever any questions please feel free to ask. :)

DSC00910.jpg

My ride for the day, when I went home for lunch..........

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

In action this afternoon......... :)

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

The biggest of the trailers.........

DSC00914.jpg

Maxxum pulling away...........

DSC00917.jpg

Then got the trailers back down there for the next block on Wednesday, (with Ivinghoe Becon in the background, which is part of the Chilterns)..........

DSC00918.jpg

About 7 this evening I saw the weather was good around here for a few days, so I went and got a headland knocked over on the next field, which I'll finnish mowing tommorow and bale it Wednesday afternoon/early evening and is about 30 acres in total...........

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

That's it for now, but that shows all the stages of our Silage making (other than back at the yard, but will get some photo's later in the week for you). Any questions please ask. :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent pictures again Will, looks like another great day for you  :) That Case looks awesome really like the look of her  :)

Another two steak lunch?  :D :D

Cheers mate and yes she is nice, just is not the most comfortable tractor to spend a lot of time in, but with the door off it's alright and as for the steaks, I didn't really have enough time. :(:-X::):D

Did more mowing today, getting 30 more acres on the deck for baling tommorow, all going well from 9 this morning until lunch time when I folded-up and went up to the yard and noticed that it wasn't sitting straight on the link arms of the tractor, so I adjusted them and went up for lunch and didn't think anymore of it. After luch, went back down there, started another field, got twice around looked down to see the headstock in a right mess. An old crack in the weld (which we didn't know about), spread and twisted. So I went back up to the yard and got the Merlo and someone brought me an Ifor down and we lifted it up onto it and brought it home, where we'll have to heat it to bend it back into shape and patch it up as best as we can. Just not a supstancial enough design as all of the weight sits on that point when the mower is up and it gave-in just after one year! Anyone else had any similar problems? My Grandpa said that was a design fault of most of the old hay-bobs. I just don't know why they can't fit them with a standard 'A' frame headstock like most other implements. :-\

Not good is it? >:( >:(:(

BentMowerFrame1.jpg

BentMowerFrame2.jpg

thats why i asked :);) a few people that i know have had trouble with them cracking but never braek off  like that :-\

Going to try and sort that out in the morning. Had more troble last night and today with the knife on the baler, but now sorted after stripping it right down, but we got it all rowed, rolled-up and wrapped this afternoon, so sorted........just another 65 acres to go! :-[:( :'(

Looks very nasty Will - that will need a lot of weld and probably a few plates welded to it to fix it I reckon  :-\

Just done it and indeed it did, but should be stronger than new now. I'm off mowing now but will get some photos of the joint up later. ;)

Don't know how you are mowing as its spilling rain here (again >:( >:(>:()

Another nice day here, so got another 30 acres on the deck. Problem is I get carried away and now have 35 acres to bale tommorow and Monday. :o:( :'(

did you get it in before the rain fw as it poured down last night  :-\

Got 15 acres that were ready rolled-up yesterday morning and the next 25 acres that are on the deck is still down, so we are just waiting for a clear-spell in the weather. ;)

Just done it and indeed it did, but should be stronger than new now. I'm off mowing now but will get some photos of the joint up later. ;)

Got some pictures at last of the repair and it still needs painting, but you get the idea......... ;)

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00936.jpg

Since I last updated this we have got the majority of the silage done and carted, but we still have about 20 acres to do about 3 miles away, but will have to wait now as it's under water. The 65 acres that we have done so far is what we rely on and the other bits are a bonus really and it took about 10 days in total from start to finish to do the work, but that waws with the mower having to stop for two days amd the knife falling out of the baler, but we got them fixed and got running again. I baled 500 bales exactley last week and about 400 are in the yard. We also got the assistor ram fixed on the International 885 so that took over on the Fransguard tedder. :) Enjoy the pictures.......... :)

Firstly mowing last saturday afternoon, in a 25 acre field..........

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

We then umm'd and arr'd as to go or not and on Tuesday morning we went in and had a go, so my Grandpa had a half an hour headstart rowing-up on the International 885 XL, and I got down there with the baler and got around the headland once with 15 bales to be hit by a huge thunderstorm, which left it raining for the rest of the day.........

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00944.jpg

Next-up are some photo's of baling and rowing last Sunday morning which we caught just before it rained at lunch time......... :);) ;)

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

The contractors MF and Taarup wrapper didn't think to get any better photos of this outfit unfortunatly. :(

DSC00928.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

And my indicator to show the change in weather, (as if the black clouds weren't obvious enough! :D)

DSC00930.jpg

We then had a lovely sunny day on Wednesday, so I waited until someone was about to row-up for me, so we got back on the 25 acre field that we had started the day before at 6.30 pm and finnished at 10 pm, baling 90 bales and at leat half the field and the headland, which was a result. The rest was rolled up yesterday morning.......... :)

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

My favourite photo....... :);) ;)

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

Well that's it for now, due to the sudden change in the weather and because I'm heading down to Wales tommorow for the Royal Welsh Show, but there's more silage awaiting my return! :)